Impact of Foreign Capital Inflows (FCI) on Economic Growth in Pakistan [1975-2004]
AbstractThe Two-Gap Model suggests that the Poor countries have to rely on the foreign capital inflows (FCI) to fill the two Gaps: Import-Export Gap and the Savings-Investment Gap. There are many forms of the foreign capital inflows like FDI (Foreign Direct Investment), External loans & Credit, technical assistance, Project & non-project aid etc. So, UDC’s (including Pakistan) have to rely on the Foreign aid, Debt FDI and portfolio investments. The role of these external resources (FCI) always remains questionable. This paper analyzes the impact of the foreign capital inflow on GDP Growth in Pakistan during 1975-2004.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 1233.
Date of creation: Jun 2006
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Journal of Independent Studies and Research (JISR) 1.5(2007): pp. 24-29
Foreign capital inflows (FCI); Foreign Investment; Economic Growth; Foreign Economic Assistance; Official Development Assistance (ODA); Foreign Direct Investment (FDI). Foreign Debt Burden; Aid and Growth; FCI Effectiveness;
Other versions of this item:
- Ghulam Mohey-ud-din, 2007. "Impact of FCI on Economic Growth in Pakistan," Journal of Independent Studies and Research (JISR), Shaheed Zulfikar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science and Technology (SZABIST), vol. 5(1), pages 24-29, January.
- O19 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - International Linkages to Development; Role of International Organizations
- O1 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- O11 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-01-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2007-01-14 (Development)
- NEP-FDG-2007-01-14 (Financial Development & Growth)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Leff, Nathaniel H, 1969. "Dependency Rates and Savings Rates," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(5), pages 886-96, December.
- Sharafat, Ali & Hamid, Waqas & Muhammad, Asghar & Raheel Abbas, Kalroo & Muhammad, Ayaz & Mukhtyar, Khan, 2013. "Foreign Capital and Investment in Pakistan: A Cointegration and Causality Analysis," MPRA Paper 55640, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 28 Apr 2013.
- Ghulam Mohey-ud-din (economist) in Wikipedia English ne '')
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.