An Analysis of International CO2 agreements
AbstractWe examine the effects on GNP for groups of countries after introducing different schemes of tradable CO2 emission rights. The analysis is based on a numerical general equilibrium model of the world economy. The development of prices and trade of energy carriers and emission rights are investigated.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 10753.
Date of creation: 1995
Date of revision:
Climate change; CO2 permits; numerical equilibrium model;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C68 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computable General Equilibrium Models
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- F53 - International Economics - - International Relations and International Political Economy - - - International Agreements and Observance; International Organizations
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:fth:coluec:645 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nordhaus, William D, 1991. "To Slow or Not to Slow: The Economics of the Greenhouse Effect," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(407), pages 920-37, July.
- Chichilnisky, G. & Heal, G. & Starret, D., 1994. "International Emission Permits: Equity and Efficiency," Papers 94-03, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Pearce, David W, 1991. "The Role of Carbon Taxes in Adjusting to Global Warming," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(407), pages 938-48, July.
- Hoel, Michael, 1991. "Global environmental problems: The effects of unilateral actions taken by one country," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 55-70, January.
- Chichilnisky, G. & Heal, G., 1993.
"Global Environmental Risks,"
1993_03, Columbia University, Department of Economics.
- Amundsen, Eirik S. & Nesse, Arvid & Tjotta, Sigve, 1999.
"Deregulation of the Nordic power market and environmental policy,"
Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 417-434, October.
- Amundsen, E.S. & Nesse, A. & Tjotta, S., 1999. "Deregulation of the Nordic Power Market and Environmental Policy," Norway; Department of Economics, University of Bergen 194, Department of Economics, University of Bergen.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.