Avaliação de Pequenas e Médias Empresas e Gestão de Risco
AbstractUsing the Free Cash-Flow method in the valuation of small or medium enterprises is far different from the valuation of their larger counterparts: firstly, it's important to make some adjustments to the financial statements, in order to predict the future cash-flows; secondly, the calculation of the weighted average cost of capital is rather subjective. Risk-management practices may have important effects not only in the future cashflows, but also in the cost of capital.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto in its series FEP Working Papers with number 110.
Length: 22 pages
Date of creation: Oct 2001
Date of revision:
Valuation; Small and Medium Enterprises; Risk Management;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, 03.
- Campbell, Tim S. & Kracaw, William A., 1987. "Optimal Managerial Incentive Contracts and the Value of Corporate Insurance," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(03), pages 315-328, September.
- Smith, Clifford W. & Stulz, René M., 1985. "The Determinants of Firms' Hedging Policies," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(04), pages 391-405, December.
- Stulz, René M., 1984. "Optimal Hedging Policies," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(02), pages 127-140, June.
- Mayers, David & Smith, Clifford W, Jr, 1982. "On the Corporate Demand for Insurance," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55(2), pages 281-96, April.
- Larry D. Wall & John J. Pringle, 1987. "Alternate explanations of interest rate swaps," Proceedings 154, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Kenneth A. Froot & David S. Scharfstein & Jeremy C. Stein, 1992.
"Risk Management: Coordinating Corporate Investment and Financing Policies,"
NBER Working Papers
4084, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Froot, Kenneth A & Scharfstein, David S & Stein, Jeremy C, 1993. " Risk Management: Coordinating Corporate Investment and Financing Policies," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1629-58, December.
- Graham, J.R. & Smith, Jr.C.W., 1996. "The Incentives to Hedge," Papers 96-03, Rochester, Business - Financial Research and Policy Studies.
- Myers, Stewart C., 1977. "Determinants of corporate borrowing," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 147-175, November.
- Rui Henrique Alves, 2004. "Europe: Looking for a New Model," FEP Working Papers 154, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Rosa Forte, 2004. "The relationship between foreign direct investment and international trade. Substitution or complementarity? A survey," FEP Working Papers 140, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.