The Incentives to Hedge
AbstractWe quantify the tax savibgs from hedging by modeling major provisions of the tax code. Using data from COMPUSTAT, we simulate likely tax savings from reducing the volatility of taxable income.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Rochester, Business - Financial Research and Policy Studies in its series Papers with number 96-03.
Length: 12 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: UNIVERSITY OF ROCHESTER, WILLIAM E. SIMON GRADUATE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, Bradley Policy Research Center, ROCHESTER NEW YORK 14627 U.S.A.
Web page: http://www.simon.rochester.edu/
More information through EDIRC
SAVINGS ; TAXES;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E20 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomics: Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomics: Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Allen, Franklin & Santomero, Anthony M., 1997.
"The theory of financial intermediation,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 21(11-12), pages 1461-1485, December.
- José Rodrigues de Jesús & Luís Miranda da Rocha & Rui Couto Viana, 2001. "Avaliação de Pequenas e Médias Empresas e Gestão de Risco," FEP Working Papers 110, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- David Downie & Ed Nosal, 2001. "A strategic approach to hedging and contracting," Working Paper 0119, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Ammon, Norbert, 1998. "Why Hedge? - A Critical Review of Theory and Empirical Evidence -," ZEW Discussion Papers 98-18, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.