Microcrédito Y Crecimiento Regional En El Perú
AbstractThe objective of this study is to make a quantitative evaluation of the impact that the expansion of the microcredit has had on the growth of the economic activity in the Peruvian regions. Having as a theoretical framework the developed theory to analyze the relationship between economic growth and financial development and with annual information for 24 regions of the country in period 2001 - 2008, a panel data model is estimated with per capita GDP growth like dependent variable and the loans provided by various types of microfinance institutions, the loans of the commercial banks and other variables that affect the economic growth like explanatory variables. The found evidence suggests that the microfinancial expansion has a positive impact in the growth of the economic activity of the regions unlike which it happens with the expansion of the banking intermediation. A comparative static exercise show that if the loans of CMAC, CRAC and specialized banks get to rich 10% of the GDP in each region, the rate of growth of the GDP per capita would rise in at least 4 percentage points. In the regions with greater poverty increase is more impressive and significant.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Departamento de Economía - Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú in its series Documentos de Trabajo with number 2011-317.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
Publication status: published
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Av. Universitaria 1801, San Miguel, Lima, Perú
Phone: (511) 626-2000 ext. 4950, 4951
Fax: (511) 626-2874
Web page: http://www.pucp.edu.pe/departamento/economia/
More information through EDIRC
Microfinanzas; intermediarios financieros; cajas municipales; cajas rurales; crecimiento regional.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2011-08-15 (Banking)
- NEP-GEO-2011-08-15 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-MFD-2011-08-15 (Microfinance)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kleibergen, F.R. & Paap, R., 2003.
"Generalized Reduced Rank Tests using the Singular Value Decomposition,"
Econometric Institute Report
EI 2003-01, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Econometric Institute.
- Kleibergen, Frank & Paap, Richard, 2006. "Generalized reduced rank tests using the singular value decomposition," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 133(1), pages 97-126, July.
- Richard Paap & Frank Kleibergen, 2004. "Generalized Reduced Rank Tests using the Singular Value Decomposition," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 195, Econometric Society.
- Beck, T.H.L. & Demirgüc-Kunt, A. & Laeven, L. & Maksimovic, V., 2006.
"The determinants of financing obstacles,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-4295079, Tilburg University.
- Romer, Paul M, 1986.
"Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-37, October.
- Paul M Romer, 1999.
"Endogenous Technological Change,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
2135, David K. Levine.
- Greenwood, Jeremy & Jovanovic, Boyan, 1988.
"Financial Development, Growth, And The Distribution Of Income,"
88-12, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Greenwood, Jeremy & Jovanovic, Boyan, 1990. "Financial Development, Growth, and the Distribution of Income," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 1076-1107, October.
- Greenwood, J. & Jovanovic, B., 1990. "Financial Development, Growth, And The Distribution Of Income," University of Western Ontario, The Centre for the Study of International Economic Relations Working Papers 9002, University of Western Ontario, The Centre for the Study of International Economic Relations.
- Greenwood, J. & Jovanovic, B., 1988. "Financial Development, Growth, And The Distribution Of Income," RCER Working Papers 131, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Jeremy Greenwood & Boyan Jovanovic, 1989. "Financial Development, Growth, and the Distribution of Income," NBER Working Papers 3189, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frank Kleibergen & Richard Paap, 2003. "Generalized Reduced Rank Tests using the Singular Value Decomposition," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 03-003/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-3125430 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ross Levine, 2008. "Finance And The Poor," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 76(s1), pages 1-13, 09.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.