A Radial Basis Function Artificial Neural Network Test for ARCH
AbstractWe propose a test for ARCH that uses a radial basis function artificial neural network. It outperforms alternative neural network tests in a variety of Monte Carlo experiments.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by National Institute of Economic and Social Research in its series NIESR Discussion Papers with number 154.
Date of creation: Sep 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 2 Dean Trench Street Smith Square London SW1P 3HE
Web page: http://niesr.ac.uk
Other versions of this item:
- Blake, Andrew P. & Kapetanios, George, 2000. "A radial basis function artificial neural network test for ARCH," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 15-23, October.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bera, Anil K & Higgins, Matthew L, 1993. " ARCH Models: Properties, Estimation and Testing," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(4), pages 305-66, December.
- Peguin-Feissolle, A., 1999.
"A Comparison of the Power of Some Tests for Conditional Heteroscedasticity,"
99a22, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Peguin-Feissolle, Anne, 1999. "A comparison of the power of some tests for conditional heteroscedasticity," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 5-17, April.
- Arup Bose, 1990. "Bootstrap in moving average models," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 42(4), pages 753-768, December.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
- Lee, Tae-Hwy & White, Halbert & Granger, Clive W. J., 1993.
"Testing for neglected nonlinearity in time series models : A comparison of neural network methods and alternative tests,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 269-290, April.
- Tom Doan, . "REGWHITENNTEST: RATS procedure to perform White neural network test on regression," Statistical Software Components RTS00183, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, . "REGRESET: RATS procedure to perform Ramsey RESET test on regression," Statistical Software Components RTS00181, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G, 1998.
"Graphical Methods for Investigating the Size and Power of Hypothesis Tests,"
The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies,
University of Manchester, vol. 66(1), pages 1-26, January.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1994. "Graphical Methods for Investigating the Size and Power of Hypothesis Tests," Working Papers 903, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- George Kapetanios & Andrew P. Blake, 2007. "Boosting Estimation of RBF Neural Networks for Dependent Data," Working Papers 588, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Blake, Andrew P. & Kapetanios, George, 2007.
"Testing for ARCH in the presence of nonlinearity of unknown form in the conditional mean,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 137(2), pages 472-488, April.
- Andrew P. Blake & George Kapetanios, 2003. "Testing for ARCH in the Presence of Nonlinearity of Unknown Form in the Conditional Mean," Working Papers 496, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- George Kapetanios & Andrew P. Blake, 2007. "Testing the Martingale Difference Hypothesis Using Neural Network Approximations," Working Papers 601, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Andrew P. Blake & George Kapetanios, 2004.
"Testing for Neglected Nonlinearity in Cointegrating Relationships,"
508, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Andrew P. Blake & George Kapetanios, 2007. "Testing for Neglected Nonlinearity in Cointegrating Relationships," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(6), pages 807-826, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Communications Manager).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.