Neural Network Test and Nonparametric Kernel Test for Neglected Nonlinearity in Regression Models
AbstractThis article considers two conditional moment tests for neglected nonlinearity in regression models and examines their finite sample performance. The two tests are the nonparametric kernel test by Li and Wang (1998) and Zheng (1996) and the neural network test of White (1989). The article examines an asymptotic test, a naive bootstrap test, and a wild bootstrap test for weakly dependent time series and independent data.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by De Gruyter in its journal Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 4 (2001)
Issue (Month): 4 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.degruyter.com
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shintani, Mototsugu, 2008.
"A dynamic factor approach to nonlinear stability analysis,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 2788-2808, September.
- Mototsugu Shintani, 2004. "A Dynamic Factor Approach to Nonlinear Stability Analysis," Levine's Bibliography 122247000000000621, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Mototsugu Shintani, 2004. "A Dynamic Factor Approach to Nonlinear Stability Analysis," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings, Econometric Society 538, Econometric Society.
- Mototsugu Shintani, 2004. "A Dynamic Factor Approach to Nonlinear Stability Analysis," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0418, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Shintani, Mototsugu, 2005.
"Nonlinear Forecasting Analysis Using Diffusion Indexes: An Application to Japan,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 37(3), pages 517-38, June.
- Mototsugu Shintani, 2010. "Nonlinear Forecasting Analysis Using Diffusion Indexes: An Application to Japan," Levine's Working Paper Archive 506439000000000168, David K. Levine.
- Mototsugu Shintani, 2003. "Nonlinear Forecasting Analysis Using Diffusion Indexes: An Application to Japan," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0322, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics, revised Apr 2004.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.