Estimation of the cointegrating rank in fractional cointegration
AbstractThis paper proposes an estimator of the cointegrating rank of a potentially cointegrated multivariate fractional process. Our setting is very flexible, allowing the individual observable processes to have different integration orders. The proposed method is automatic and can be also employed to infer the dimensions of possible cointegrating subspaces, which are characterized by special directions in the cointegrating space which generate cointegrating errors with smaller integration orders, increasing the “achievement” of the cointegration analysis. A Monte Carlo experiment of finite sample performance and an empirical analysis are included.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra in its series Documentos de Trabajo - Lan Gaiak Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra with number 1205.
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Campus de Arrosadía - 31006 Pamplona (Spain)
Phone: 34 948 169340
Fax: 34 948 169 721
Web page: http://www.econ.unavarra.es
Postal: Papers are not sent in a centralized mode. You can download them with ftp, or contact the authors.
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-08-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2012-08-23 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2012-08-23 (Econometric Time Series)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hualde, Javier & Velasco, Carlos, 2008.
"Distribution-Free Tests Of Fractional Cointegration,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(01), pages 216-255, February.
- Javier Hualde & Carlos Velasco, . "Distribution-free Tests of Fractional Cointegration," Faculty Working Papers 08/06, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Javier Hualde & Peter Robinson, .
"Semiparametric Estimation of Fractional Cointegration,"
Faculty Working Papers
07/06, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Javier Hualde & Peter M Robinson, 2006. "Semiparametric Estimation of Fractional Cointegration," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series /2006/502, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Renato Flôres & Ariane Szafarz, 1996.
"An enlarged definition of cointegration,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/705, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774501, September.
- Marinucci, D. & Robinson, P. M., 2001.
"Semiparametric fractional cointegration analysis,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 225-247, November.
- Willa Chen & Clifford Hurvich, 2004. "Semiparametric Estimation of Fractional Cointegrating Subspaces," Econometrics 0412007, EconWPA.
- Robinson, P.M., 2008. "Diagnostic testing for cointegration," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 143(1), pages 206-225, March.
- D Marinucci & Peter M. Robinson, 2001. "Semiparametric fractional cointegration analysis," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2269, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Javier Puértolas).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.