Robinson's Squareroot-of-n-consistent Semiparametric Regression Estimator in Stata
AbstractThis paper describes Robinson's (1988) double residual semiparametric regression estimator and Hardle and Mammen's (1993) specification test implementation in Stata. Some simple simulations illustrate how this newly coded estimator outperforms the already available semiparametric plreg command.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Namur, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 1110.
Length: 10 pages
Date of creation: Mar 2011
Date of revision:
Semipar; Semiparametric estimation;
Other versions of this item:
- Vincenzo Verardi & Nicolas Debarsy, 2012. "Robinson's square root of N consistent semiparametric regression estimator in Stata," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 12(4), pages 726-735, December.
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-06-25 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vincenzo Verardi, 2013. "Semiparametric regression in Stata," United Kingdom Stata Users' Group Meetings 2013 14, Stata Users Group.
- Syed Abul Hasan, 2012. "Engel Curves and Equivalence Scales for Bangladesh," ASARC Working Papers 2012-15, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marie-H�l�ne Mathieu).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.