Capacity Development in Higher Education Institutions in Developing Countries
AbstractHEI in developing countries face the requirement to increase performance and improve results to enlarge their contribution to socio-economic development and poverty reduction. Organizational capacity is considered a pre-requisite for this performance. Organizational capacity is enhanced by capacity development processes and activities. This paper is about capacity development in higher education institutions (HEI) in developing countries. The introduction chapter of the paper first describes the objective of the paper and the method used to realize the objective. The chapter also includes a brief introduction on systems thinking, since concepts and ideas of systems thinking are frequently used in the paper. Finally, this chapter presents an outline of the paper.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Maastricht School of Management in its series Working Papers with number 2013/30.
Length: 87 pages
Date of creation: Oct 2013
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-10-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2013-10-25 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-CWA-2013-10-25 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-EDU-2013-10-25 (Education)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- World Bank, 2009. "Accelerating Catch-up : Tertiary Education for Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2589, October.
- World Bank, 2010. "Financing Higher Education in Africa," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2448, October.
- Hanushek, Eric A. & Woessmann, Ludger, 2007. "The role of education quality for economic growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4122, The World Bank.
- Jamil Salmi, 2009. "The Challenge of Establishing World-Class Universities," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2600, October.
- Amy L. Pablo & Trish Reay & James R. Dewald & Ann L. Casebeer, 2007. "Identifying, Enabling and Managing Dynamic Capabilities in the Public Sector," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(5), pages 687-708, 07.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maud de By).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.