Change analysis of dynamic copula for measuring dependence in multivariate financial data
AbstractData in finance and insurance often cover a long time period. Therefore, the economic factors may induce some changes in the dependence structure. Recently, two methods to analyze such changes using copula have been proposed. The first approach only investigates the changes of copula parameters while ignoring the possibility of the changing for the copula family. The other one stresses to inspect any change for copulas by determining the best copula on every subsamples divided by moving-window. However, the width of moving window and the time interval of moving obviously greatly influence the accuracy of the result due to the copula change. In this paper, we first generalize the types of copula change as follows : (1) the changes of parameters while the copula family keeps static ; (2) the changes of copula family. Then, we propose a series of tests based on the conditional pseudo copula and goodness-of-fit (GOF) test to decide the type of change. Eventually, we take the full advantage of the previous methods by avoiding their deficiencies to deal with the changes. Combining the two brilliant ideas, we obtain all information on the changes (such as the change time, the change value of parameter and the change trend) that play the important role in risk management. Moreover, we illustrate our approach with FX spot data for Asian market, which shows that the approach can be practical in the real world as well.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1) in its series Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques with number b06090.
Length: 27 pages
Date of creation: Jul 2006
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 106 - 112 boulevard de l'Hôpital, 75647 Paris cedex 13
Phone: 01 44 07 81 00
Fax: 01 44 07 81 09
Web page: http://mse.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Copula; dynamic copula; Goodness-of-Fit.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dominique Guégan, 2009. "A Meta-Distribution for Non-Stationary Samples," CREATES Research Papers 2009-24, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Dominique Guegan, 2007. "La persistance dans les marchés financiers," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00179269, HAL.
- Okyoung Na & Jiyeon Lee & Sangyeol Lee, 2013. "Change point detection in SCOMDY models," AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis, Springer, vol. 97(3), pages 215-238, July.
- Dominique Guegan & Jing Zhang, 2009. "Pricing bivariate option under GARCH-GH model with dynamic copula: application for Chinese market," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00368336, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucie Label).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.