On the Rate of Approximations for Maximum Likelihood Tests in Change-Point Models
AbstractWe study the asymptotics of maximum-likelihood ratio-type statistics for testing a sequence of observations for no change in parameters against a possible change while some nuisance parameters remain constant over time. We obtain extreme value as well as Gaussian-type approximations for the likelihood ratio. We get necessary and sufficient conditions for the weak convergence of supremum andLp-functionals of the likelihood ration process. We also approximate the maximum likelihood ratio with Ornstein-Uhlenbeck processes and obtain bounds for the rate of approximation. We show that the Ornstein-Uhlenbeck approach is superior to the extreme value limit in case of moderate sample sizes.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 56 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Manner, Hans & Candelon, Bertrand, 2007.
"Testing for Asset Market Linkages: A new Approach based on Time-Varying Copulas,"
052, Maastricht : METEOR, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization.
- Hans Manner & Bertrand Candelon, 2010. "Testing For Asset Market Linkages: A New Approach Based On Time-Varying Copulas," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 364-384, 08.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00189141 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dominique Guegan & Jing Zhang, 2010. "Change analysis of a dynamic copula for measuring dependence in multivariate financial data," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00368334, HAL.
- Antoch, Jaromír & Husková, Marie, 2001. "Permutation tests in change point analysis," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 37-46, May.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00368334 is not listed on IDEAS
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.