Cominimum Additive Operators
AbstractThis paper proposes a class of weak additivity concepts for an operator on the set of real valued functions on a finite state space \omega, which include additivity and comonotonic additivity as extreme cases. Let \epsilon be a collection of subsets of \omega. Two functions x and y on \omega are \epsilon-cominimum if, for each E \subseteq \epsilon, the set of minimizers of x restricted on E and that of y have a common element. An operator I on the set of functions on is E- cominimum additive if I(x+y) = I(x)+I(y) whenever x and y are \epsilon-cominimum. The main result characterizes homogeneous E-cominimum additive operators in terms of the Choquet integrals and the corresponding non-additive signed measures. As applications, this paper gives an alternative proof for the characterization of the E-capacity expected utility model of Eichberger and Kelsey (1999) and that of the multi-period decision model of Gilboa (1989).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research in its series KIER Working Papers with number 601.
Length: 17 pages
Date of creation: Feb 2005
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Yoshida-Honmachi, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8501
Web page: http://www.kier.kyoto-u.ac.jp/eng/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Choquet integral; comonotonicity; non-additive probabilities; capacities; cooperative games;
Other versions of this item:
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- D90 - Microeconomics - - Intertemporal Choice - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nouweland, C.G.A.M. van den & Borm, P.E.M. & Tijs, S.H., 1992.
"Allocation rules for hypergraph communication situations,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-146635, Tilburg University.
- van den Nouweland, Anne & Borm, Peter & Tijs, Stef, 1992. "Allocation Rules for Hypergraph Communication Situations," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 255-68.
- E. Algaba & J. M. Bilbao & P. Borm & J. J. López, 2000.
"The position value for union stable systems,"
Springer, vol. 52(2), pages 221-236, November.
- Algaba, E. & Bilbao, J.M. & Borm, P.E.M. & Lopez, J.J., 1998. "The position value for union stable systems," Research Memorandum 768, Tilburg University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Algaba, A. & Bilbao, J.M. & Borm, P.E.M. & Lopez, J., 2000. "The position value for union stable systems," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-84483, Tilburg University.
- Jürgen Eichberger & David Kelsey, 1999.
"E-Capacities and the Ellsberg Paradox,"
Theory and Decision,
Springer, vol. 46(2), pages 107-138, April.
- Schmeidler, David, 1989.
"Subjective Probability and Expected Utility without Additivity,"
Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 571-87, May.
- David Schmeidler, 1989. "Subjective Probability and Expected Utility without Additivity," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7662, David K. Levine.
- Gilboa, Itzhak, 1989. "Expectation and Variation in Multi-period Decisions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(5), pages 1153-69, September.
- Gilboa, Itzhak & Schmeidler, David, 1989. "Maxmin expected utility with non-unique prior," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 141-153, April.
- Lo, Kin Chung, 2006. "Agreement and stochastic independence of belief functions," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 1-22, January.
- Takashi Ui & Hiroyuki Kojima & Atsushi Kajii, 2011. "The Myerson value for complete coalition structures," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 74(3), pages 427-443, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ryo Okui).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.