- An Alternative Theory Of Health Care Decision Making
AbstractStarting from a finite or countable set of states of health, and assuming the existence of an objective transitive preference relation on that set, we propose a way of performing interpersonal comparisons of states of health among individuals of different type. Then, a way of evaluating health streams for an individual is proposed. Finally, we rationalize a way of ranking alternative situations (life histories in terms of health) for a given group of individuals. Our approach is both Type-sensitive and Time-sensitive.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie) in its series Working Papers. Serie AD with number 1998-15.
Length: 15 pages
Date of creation: Jul 1998
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published by Ivie
QALY; States of Health; Comparison;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Loomes, Graham & McKenzie, Lynda, 1989. "The use of QALYs in health care decision making," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 299-308, January.
- Roemer, J.E., 1992. "A Pragmatic Theory of Responsibility for the Egalitarian Planner," Papers 391, California Davis - Institute of Governmental Affairs.
- Carmen Herrero, 1996.
"Capabilities and utilities,"
Review of Economic Design,
Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 69-88, December.
- Carmen Herrero Blanco & José Luis Pinto, 1998.
"- Comparision And Evaluation Of States Of Health,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
1998-12, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- d'Aspremont, Claude & Gevers, Louis, 1977. "Equity and the Informational Basis of Collective Choice," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 199-209, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Departamento de Edición).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.