Re-thinking the ISAE Consumer Survey Processing Procedure
AbstractThis paper focuses on the interaction between sample design, data collection mode and nonresponse handling of the ISAE consumer survey, as these factors may affect sample efficiency. For calculating sample weights and obtaining more reliable estimates, the calibration methodology has been adopted. Outcomes seem encouraging inasmuch they confirm the survey quality. In fact, the differences between calibrated and unweighted series are very small even they are not randomly distributed. From the EDP point of view, the new processing system utilises new technologies and data maintenance support. The renewed procedure allows wider aggregation capabilities, offering new sectoral/regional breakdowns. The new microdata database, which is part of the complete EDP project, also enables to carry out microdata analysis.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by ISTAT - Italian National Institute of Statistics - (Rome, ITALY) in its series ISAE Working Papers with number 92.
Length: 54 pages
Date of creation: Feb 2008
Date of revision:
Complex sample design; weighting; calibration; post-stratification; non-responses.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C42 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Survey Methods
- C81 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data; Data Access
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-07-05 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Golinelli Roberto & Parigi Giuseppe, 2005. "Le famiglie italiane e l'introduzione dell'euro: storia di uno shock annunciato," Politica economica, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 2, pages 201-226.
- Malgarini, Marco & Margani, Patrizia, 2005.
"Psychology, consumer sentiment and household expenditures: a disaggregated analysis,"
42443, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marco Malgarini & Patrizia Margani, 2005. "Psychology, consumer sentiment and household expenditures: a disaggregated analysis," ISAE Working Papers 58, ISTAT - Italian National Institute of Statistics - (Rome, ITALY).
- Roberto Golinelli & Giuseppe Parigi, 2004. "Consumer Sentiment and Economic Activity: A Cross Country Comparison," Journal of Business Cycle Measurement and Analysis, OECD Publishing,CIRET, vol. 2004(2), pages 147-170.
- Gabriele, Stefania & Martelli, Bianca Maria & Raitano, Michele, 2009. "How dark is the night: the consumers’ mood coping with the crisis.Evidences from ISAE Consumer Survey," MPRA Paper 16289, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stefania Rossetti).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.