On Multivariate Extensions of Conditional-Tail-Expectation
AbstractIn this paper, we introduce two alternative extensions of the classical univariate Conditional-Tail-Expectation (CTE) in a multivariate setting. Contrary to allocation measures or systemic risk measures, these measures are also suitable for multivariate risk problems where risks are heterogenous in nature and cannot be aggregated together.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Working Papers with number hal-00877386.
Date of creation: 28 Oct 2013
Date of revision:
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00877386
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
Multivariate risk measures; Level sets of distribution functions; Multivariate probability integral transformation; Stochastic orders; Copulas and dependence.;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-11-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2013-11-09 (Econometrics)
- NEP-RMG-2013-11-09 (Risk Management)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Embrechts, Paul & Puccetti, Giovanni, 2006. "Bounds for functions of multivariate risks," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 526-547, February.
- Mathieu Bargès & Hélène Cossette & Etienne Marceau, 2009. "TVaR-based capital allocation with copulas," Working Papers hal-00431265, HAL.
- Alfred Galichon & Ivar Ekeland & Marc Henry, 2009.
"Comonotonic measures of multivariates risks,"
- Ignacio Cascos & Ilya Molchanov, 2007. "Multivariate risks and depth-trimmed regions," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 373-397, July.
- Masse, J. C. & Theodorescu, R., 1994. "Halfplane Trimming for Bivariate Distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 188-202, February.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228.
- Cai, J. & Einmahl, J.H.J. & Haan, L.F.M. de & Zhou, C., 2012. "Estimation of the Marginal Expected Shortfall: The Mean when a Related Variable is Extreme," Discussion Paper 2012-080, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Cousin, Areski & Di Bernardino, Elena, 2013. "On multivariate extensions of Value-at-Risk," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 32-46.
- Ivar Ekeland & Alfred Galichon, 2012. "Comonotonic measures of multivariate risks," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/5rkqqmvrn4t, Sciences Po.
- Areski Cousin & Elena Di Bernadino, 2011. "On Multivariate Extensions of Value-at-Risk," Papers 1111.1349, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2013.
- Areski Cousin & Elena Di Bernadino, 2013. "On Multivariate Extensions of Value-at-Risk," Working Papers hal-00638382, HAL.
- Burgert, Christian & Ruschendorf, Ludger, 2006. "Consistent risk measures for portfolio vectors," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 289-297, April.
- Elyés Jouini & Moncef Meddeb & Nizar Touzi, 2004.
"Vector-valued coherent risk measures,"
Finance and Stochastics,
Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 531-552, November.
- Elyès Jouini & Moncef Meddeb & Nizar Touzi, 2004. "Vector-valued Coherent Risk Measures," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00167154, HAL.
- Bargès, Mathieu & Cossette, Hélène & Marceau, Étienne, 2009. "TVaR-based capital allocation with copulas," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 348-361, December.
- Touzi, Nizar & Meddeb, Moncef & Jouini, Elyès, 2004. "Vector-valued Coherent Risk Measures," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/353, Paris Dauphine University.
- Matthieu Chauvigny & Laurent Devineau & Stéphane Loisel & Véronique Maume-Deschamps, 2011. "Fast remote but not extreme quantiles with multiple factors. Applications to Solvency II and Enterprise Risk Management," Post-Print hal-00517766, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.