Bounds for functions of multivariate risks
AbstractLi et al. [Distributions with Fixed Marginals and Related Topics, vol. 28, Institute of Mathematics and Statistics, Hayward, CA, 1996, pp. 198-212] provide bounds on the distribution and on the tail for functions of dependent random vectors having fixed multivariate marginals. In this paper, we correct a result stated in the above article and we give improved bounds in the case of the sum of identically distributed random vectors. Moreover, we provide the dependence structures meeting the bounds when the fixed marginals are uniformly distributed on the k-dimensional hypercube. Finally, a definition of a multivariate risk measure is given along with actuarial/financial applications.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 97 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Scarsini, Marco, 1989. "Copulae of probability measures on product spaces," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 201-219, November.
- Dhaene, J. & Denuit, M. & Goovaerts, M. J. & Kaas, R. & Vyncke, D., 2002. "The concept of comonotonicity in actuarial science and finance: theory," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 3-33, August.
- Marco, J. M. & Ruiz-Rivas, C., 1992. "On the construction of multivariate distributions with given nonoverlapping multivariate marginals," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 259-265, November.
- Wei, Linxiao & Hu, Yijun, 2014. "Coherent and convex risk measures for portfolios with applications," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 114-120.
- Areski Cousin & Elena Di Bernadino, 2013. "On Multivariate Extensions of Value-at-Risk," Working Papers hal-00638382, HAL.
- Ludger Rüschendorf, 2012. "Worst case portfolio vectors and diversification effects," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 155-175, January.
- Polanski, Arnold & Stoja, Evarist & Zhang, Ren, 2013. "Multidimensional risk and risk dependence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 3286-3294.
- Cousin, Areski & Di Bernardino, Elena, 2014. "On multivariate extensions of Conditional-Tail-Expectation," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 272-282.
- Di Bernardino, Elena & Rullière, Didier, 2013.
"Distortions of multivariate distribution functions and associated level curves: Applications in multivariate risk theory,"
Insurance: Mathematics and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 190-205.
- Elena Di Bernardino & Didier Rullière, 2013. "Distortions of multivariate distribution functions and associated level curves: applications in multivariate risk theory," Post-Print hal-00750873, HAL.
- Elena Di Bernardino & Didier Rullière, 2012. "Distortions of multivariate risk measures: a level-sets based approach," Working Papers hal-00756387, HAL.
- Ignacio Cascos & Ilya Molchanov, 2006. "Multivariate Risks And Depth-Trimmed Regions," Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers ws063815, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría.
- Elena Di Bernardino & Didier Rullière, 2014. "Estimation of multivariate critical layers: Applications to rainfall data," Working Papers hal-00940089, HAL.
- Areski Cousin & Elena Di Bernadino, 2011. "On Multivariate Extensions of Value-at-Risk," Papers 1111.1349, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2013.
- Puccetti, Giovanni & Scarsini, Marco, 2010. "Multivariate comonotonicity," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 291-304, January.
- Embrechts, Paul & Puccetti, Giovanni, 2010. "Bounds for the sum of dependent risks having overlapping marginals," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 177-190, January.
- repec:hal:wpaper:hal-00750873 is not listed on IDEAS
- Areski Cousin & Elena Di Bernardinoy, 2013. "On Multivariate Extensions of Conditional-Tail-Expectation," Working Papers hal-00877386, HAL.
- Elena Di Bernardino & Thomas Laloë & Véronique Maume-Deschamps & Clémentine Prieur, 2013. "Plug-in estimation of level sets in a non-compact setting with applications in multivariate risk theory," Post-Print hal-00580624, HAL.
- Guillén, Montserrat & Sarabia, José María & Prieto, Faustino, 2013. "Simple risk measure calculations for sums of positive random variables," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 273-280.
- Cousin, Areski & Di Bernardino, Elena, 2013. "On multivariate extensions of Value-at-Risk," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 32-46.
- Ruodu Wang & Liang Peng & Jingping Yang, 2013. "Bounds for the sum of dependent risks and worst Value-at-Risk with monotone marginal densities," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 395-417, April.
- Archil Gulisashvili & Peter Tankov, 2013. "Tail behavior of sums and differences of log-normal random variables," Papers 1309.3057, arXiv.org.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.