Bounds for functions of multivariate risks
AbstractLi et al. [Distributions with Fixed Marginals and Related Topics, vol. 28, Institute of Mathematics and Statistics, Hayward, CA, 1996, pp. 198-212] provide bounds on the distribution and on the tail for functions of dependent random vectors having fixed multivariate marginals. In this paper, we correct a result stated in the above article and we give improved bounds in the case of the sum of identically distributed random vectors. Moreover, we provide the dependence structures meeting the bounds when the fixed marginals are uniformly distributed on the k-dimensional hypercube. Finally, a definition of a multivariate risk measure is given along with actuarial/financial applications.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 97 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Scarsini, Marco, 1989. "Copulae of probability measures on product spaces," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 201-219, November.
- Dhaene, J. & Denuit, M. & Goovaerts, M. J. & Kaas, R. & Vyncke, D., 2002. "The concept of comonotonicity in actuarial science and finance: theory," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 3-33, August.
- Marco, J. M. & Ruiz-Rivas, C., 1992. "On the construction of multivariate distributions with given nonoverlapping multivariate marginals," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 259-265, November.
- Areski Cousin & Elena Di Bernardinoy, 2013. "On Multivariate Extensions of Conditional-Tail-Expectation," Working Papers hal-00877386, HAL.
- Cousin, Areski & Di Bernardino, Elena, 2013. "On multivariate extensions of Value-at-Risk," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 32-46.
- Embrechts, Paul & Puccetti, Giovanni, 2010. "Bounds for the sum of dependent risks having overlapping marginals," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 177-190, January.
- repec:hal:wpaper:hal-00750873 is not listed on IDEAS
- Elena Di Bernardino & Didier Rullière, 2013.
"Distortions of multivariate distribution functions and associated level curves: applications in multivariate risk theory,"
- Di Bernardino, Elena & Rullière, Didier, 2013. "Distortions of multivariate distribution functions and associated level curves: Applications in multivariate risk theory," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 190-205.
- Ludger Rüschendorf, 2012. "Worst case portfolio vectors and diversification effects," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 155-175, January.
- Elena Di Bernardino & Didier Rullière, 2012. "Distortions of multivariate risk measures: a level-sets based approach," Working Papers hal-00756387, HAL.
- Elena Di Bernardino & Didier Rullière, 2014. "Estimation of multivariate critical layers: Applications to hydrological data," Working Papers hal-00940089, HAL.
- Elena Di Bernardino & Thomas Laloë & Véronique Maume-Deschamps & Clémentine Prieur, 2013. "Plug-in estimation of level sets in a non-compact setting with applications in multivariate risk theory," Post-Print hal-00580624, HAL.
- Polanski, Arnold & Stoja, Evarist & Zhang, Ren, 2013. "Multidimensional risk and risk dependence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 3286-3294.
- Areski Cousin & Elena Di Bernadino, 2013. "On Multivariate Extensions of Value-at-Risk," Working Papers hal-00638382, HAL.
- Ignacio Cascos & Ilya Molchanov, 2006. "Multivariate Risks And Depth-Trimmed Regions," Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers ws063815, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría.
- Puccetti, Giovanni & Scarsini, Marco, 2010. "Multivariate comonotonicity," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 291-304, January.
- Areski Cousin & Elena Di Bernadino, 2011. "On Multivariate Extensions of Value-at-Risk," Papers 1111.1349, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2013.
- Ruodu Wang & Liang Peng & Jingping Yang, 2013. "Bounds for the sum of dependent risks and worst Value-at-Risk with monotone marginal densities," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 395-417, April.
- Archil Gulisashvili & Peter Tankov, 2013. "Tail behavior of sums and differences of log-normal random variables," Papers 1309.3057, arXiv.org.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.