A Comprehensive Decision Approach for Rubber Tree Planting Management in Africa
AbstractThe main objective of this study is to settle a rigorous field of decision analysis for rubber tree clones selection. Nowadays, there does not exist any process based upon a rigorous method to select the best clone to be plant in order to get the highest return on investment. The only known selection method is to use the experience of different protagonists acting in the plantation. So, we need a tool that takes into account very important criteria in order to achieve the main objective. This goal is achieved by using multicriterion analysis methods to the clone selection. The ranking procedure uses Elimination and Choice Expressing the Reality (ELECTRE III). For each criterion, indifference and preference thresholds are determined after establishing the relative importance of each criterion including rubber tapping, cumulative production during 15 years, cumulative production between 15 and 25 years, wind resistance, disease resistance, physiological resistance, grafting and quality of the rubber.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Post-Print with number halshs-00650533.
Date of creation: 01 Jul 2011
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published, Journal of Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis, 2011, 187-201
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00650533/en/
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
multicriteria decision making; ELECTRE III; rubber tree; agricultural resource management;
Other versions of this item:
- Fabrice Valognes & HÃ©lÃ¨ne Ferrer & Moussa Diaby & AndrÃ© ClÃ©ment-Demange, 2011. "A Comprehensive Decision Approach for Rubber Tree Planting Management in Africa," Working Papers 245846, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, France.
- NEP-AFR-2012-01-03 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2012-01-03 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-01-03 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Moussa Diaby & Fabrice Valognes & AndrÃ© ClÃ©ment-Demange, 2010. "Utilisation d'une mÃ©thode multicritÃ¨re d'aide Ã la dÃ©cision pour le choix des clones d'hÃ©vÃ©a Ã planter en Afrique," Working Papers 246655, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, France.
- Moussa Diaby & Fabrice Valognes & André Clément-Demange, 2010. "Utilisation d'une méthode multicritère d'aide à la décision pour le choix des clones d'hévéa à planter en Afrique," Post-Print halshs-00565246, HAL.
- Martin, C. & Ruperd, Y. & Legret, M., 2007. "Urban stormwater drainage management: The development of a multicriteria decision aid approach for best management practices," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 181(1), pages 338-349, August.
- Roy, B. & Present, M. & Silhol, D., 1986. "A programming method for determining which Paris metro stations should be renovated," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 318-334, February.
- Moussa Diaby & HÃ©lÃ¨ne Ferrer & Fabrice Valognes, 2013.
"A Social Choice Approach to Primary Resource Management: The rubber tree Case in Africa,"
Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen), Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS
201305, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Diaby, Moussa & Ferrer, Hélène & Valognes, Fabrice, 2013. "A social choice approach to primary resource management: The rubber tree case in Africa," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 8-14.
- Moussa Diaby & HÃ©lÃ¨ne Ferrer & Fabrice Valognes, 2013. "A Social Choice Approach To Primary Resource Management: The Rubber Tree Case In Africa," Post-Print halshs-00804065, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.