Allais's Trading Process And The Dynamic Evolution of an OLG Markets Economy
AbstractWe study a trading process for a pure exchange economy with overlapping generations. This process is based on the maximization, at each stage, of a collective benefit (or surplus). We show that this process converges to a Pareto-optimal allocation. This extends the second fundamental convergence theorem of Allais  to a pure exchange economy with overlapping generations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Post-Print with number halshs-00448184.
Date of creation: 2005
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published, Focus on Macroeconomics Research, Nova Science Publishers (Ed.), 2005, 111-132
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00448184/en/
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
Trading Process; Distributable Surplus; Benefit Functions; Overlapping generations;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ghiglino, Christian & Tvede, Mich, 2000.
"Optimal Policy in OG Models,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 62-83, January.
- Ghiglino, Christian & Tvede, Mich, 1998. "Optimal policy in OG models," Working Papers 08-1998, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Economics.
- Christian Ghiglino & Mich Tvede, 1999. "Optimal Policy in OG Models," Discussion Papers 99-23, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Ghiglino, C. & Tvede, M., 1999. "Optimal Policy in OG Models," Papers 99-23, Carleton - School of Public Administration.
- Jean-Marc Tallon & Jean-Michel Courtault, 2000. "Allais' trading process and the dynamic evolution of a market economy," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 477-481.
- Allard, Marie & Bronsard, Camille & Richelle, Ives, 1989. "Temporary pareto optimum theory," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 343-368, April.
- Aubin, Jean-Pierre, 1991. "Evolution of viable allocations," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 16(1-2), pages 183-215, July.
- repec:fth:louvco:9545 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Michel Courtault & Bertrand Crettez & Naila Hayek, 2007. "A Note On Luenberger'S Zero-Maximum Principle For Core Allocations," International Game Theory Review (IGTR), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 9(03), pages 453-460.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.