From practice-based knowledge to the practice of research : Revisiting constructivist research works on Knowledge
AbstractResearch studies within organizational knowledge are good examples for both analyzing and illustrating the debate regarding a paradigm shift in management. Most articles in the field focus on knowledge complexity and its socially constructed side. Researchers have noted a great deal of similarity between this socially constructed nature and the shaping elements of constructivism. They argue for a paradigm shift, rejecting positivism. To more fully understand this paradigm shift, and to address the number of methodological questions it raises, we carried out a content analysis on a sample of the main articles dealing with organizational knowledge. Our research points out that the principles of constructivism are difficult to adhere to within research design. It underlines the lack of specific methodological devices and lack of adaptation with the epistemological system of reference. This study highlights the methodological perspectives that underpin constructivist research in organizational knowledge.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Post-Print with number halshs-00150763.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published, Management Learning, 2008, 39, 1, 73-91
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00150763/en/
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
constructivism; knowldege; social construction; epistemology; methodology;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vassili Joannides & Danture Wickramasinghe & Nicolas Berland, 2012. "Critiques On Gray-Hofstede'S Model: What Impact On Cross-Cultural Accounting Research?," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-00690933, HAL.
- Vassili Joannides, 2011. "Apports De L'Ethnicite A La Culture En Sciences De Gestion," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-00676555, HAL.
- Vassili Joannides, 2011. "Influences de la pré-connaissance sur le design de la recherche:le cas des liens entre comptabilité et gestion," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 14(4), pages 91-127, December.
- Vassili Joannides, 2011. "Apport de l’ethnicité à la culture en sciences de gestion," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 14(1), pages 33-68., March.
- Joannides, Vassili & Wickramasinghe, Danture & Berland, Nicolas, 2012. "Critiques on gray-hofstede’s model: what impact on cross-cultural accounting research?," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/9497, Paris Dauphine University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.