Axiomatic structure of k-additive capacities
AbstractIn this paper we deal with the problem of axiomatizing the preference relations modelled through Choquet integral with respect to a $k$-additive capacity, i.e. whose Möbius transform vanishes for subsets of more than $k$ elements. Thus, $k$-additive capacities range from probability measures ($k=1$) to general capacities ($k=n$). The axiomatization is done in several steps, starting from symmetric 2-additive capacities, a case related to the Gini index, and finishing with general $k$-additive capacities. We put an emphasis on 2-additive capacities. Our axiomatization is done in the framework of social welfare, and complete previous results of Weymark, Gilboa and Ben Porath, and Gajdos.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) with number hal-00188165.
Date of creation: Mar 2005
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published, Mathematical Social Sciences, 2005, 49, 2, 153-178
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00188165
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
Axiomatic; Capacities; k-Additivity;
Other versions of this item:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- WEYMARK, John A., .
"Generalized Gini inequality indices,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-453, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Christophe Labreuche & Michel Grabisch, 2003. "The Choquet integral for the aggregation of interval scales in multicriteria decision making," Post-Print hal-00272090, HAL.
- David Schmeidler, 1989.
"Subjective Probability and Expected Utility without Additivity,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
7662, David K. Levine.
- Schmeidler, David, 1989. "Subjective Probability and Expected Utility without Additivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 571-87, May.
- Elchanan Ben Porath & Itzhak Gilboa, 1991.
"Linear Measures, the Gini Index and the Income-Equality Tradeoff,"
944, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Porath Elchanan Ben & Gilboa Itzhak, 1994. "Linear Measures, the Gini Index, and The Income-Equality Trade-off," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 443-467, December.
- Gajdos, Thibault, 2002. "Measuring Inequalities without Linearity in Envy: Choquet Integrals for Symmetric Capacities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 190-200, September.
- Michel Grabisch & Jacques Duchêne & Frédéric Lino & Patrice Perny, 2002. "Subjective Evaluation of Discomfort in Sitting Positions," Post-Print halshs-00273179, HAL.
- Pedro Miranda & Michel Grabisch & Pedro Gil, 2006.
"Dominance of capacities by k-additive belief functions,"
UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Miranda, Pedro & Grabisch, Michel & Gil, Pedro, 2006. "Dominance of capacities by k-additive belief functions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 175(2), pages 912-930, December.
- Silvia Bortot & Ricardo Alberto Marques Pereira, 2011. "Inconsistency and non-additive Choquet integration in the Analytic Hierarchy Process," DISA Working Papers 2011/06, Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy, revised 29 Jul 2011.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00625708 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brice Mayag & Michel Grabisch & Christophe Labreuche, 2011. "A characterization of the 2-additive Choquet integral through cardinal information," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00625708, HAL.
- Alessio Bonetti & Silvia Bortot & Mario Fedrizzi & Silvio Giove & Ricardo Alberto Marques Pereira & Andrea Molinari, 2011. "Modelling group processes and effort estimation in Project Management using the Choquet integral: an MCDM approach," DISA Working Papers 2011/12, Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy, revised Sep 2011.
- Brice Mayag & Michel Grabisch & Christophe Labreuche, 2011.
"A representation of preferences by the Choquet integral with respect to a 2-additive capacity,"
Theory and Decision,
Springer, vol. 71(3), pages 297-324, September.
- Brice Mayag & Michel Grabisch & Christophe Labreuche, 2011. "A Representation of Preferences by the Choquet Integral with Respect to a 2-Additive Capacity," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00625706, HAL.
- Paugam, Luc, 2011. "Valorisation et reporting du goodwill : enjeux théoriques et empiriques," Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University, number 123456789/8007 edited by Casta, Jean-François, October -.
- Pedro Miranda & Michel Grabisch & Pedro Gil, 2006. "Dominance of capacities by k-additive belief functions," Post-Print halshs-00186905, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.