Fuzzy measures and integrals in MCDA
AbstractThis chapter aims at a unified presentation of various methods of MCDA based onfuzzy measures (capacity) and fuzzy integrals, essentially the Choquet andSugeno integral. A first section sets the position of the problem ofmulticriteria decision making, and describes the various possible scales ofmeasurement (difference, ratio, and ordinal). Then a whole section is devotedto each case in detail: after introducing necessary concepts, the methodologyis described, and the problem of the practical identification of fuzzy measuresis given. The important concept of interaction between criteria, central inthis chapter, is explained in details. It is shown how it leads to k-additivefuzzy measures. The case of bipolar scales leads to thegeneral model based on bi-capacities, encompassing usual models based oncapacities. A general definition of interaction for bipolar scales isintroduced. The case of ordinal scales leads to the use of Sugeno integral, andits symmetrized version when one considers symmetric ordinal scales. Apractical methodology for the identification of fuzzy measures in this contextis given. Lastly, we give a short description of some practical applications.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Post-Print with number halshs-00268985.
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published, Multiple Criteria Decision Analysis, Kluwer Academic Publishers (Ed.), 2004, 563-608
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00268985/en/
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
Choquet integral; fuzzy measure; interaction; bi-capacities;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michel Grabisch, 2003. "The Symmetric Sugeno Integral," Post-Print hal-00272084, HAL.
- Christophe Labreuche & Michel Grabisch, 2003. "The Choquet integral for the aggregation of interval scales in multicriteria decision making," Post-Print hal-00272090, HAL.
- Grabisch, Michel & Labreuche, Christophe & Vansnick, Jean-Claude, 2003.
"On the extension of pseudo-Boolean functions for the aggregation of interacting criteria,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 148(1), pages 28-47, July.
- Michel Grabisch & Christophe Labreuche & Jean-Claude Vansnick, 2003. "On the Extension of Pseudo-Boolean Functions for the Aggregation of Interacting Criteria," Post-Print hal-00272780, HAL.
- Michel Grabisch & Christophe Labreuche, 2002.
"The symmetric and asymmetric Choquet integrals on finite spaces for decision making,"
Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 37-52, January.
- Michel Grabisch & Christophe Labreuche, 2002. "The Symmetric and Asymmetric Choquet integrals on finite spaces fordecision making," Post-Print halshs-00273184, HAL.
- Pedro Miranda & Michel Grabisch & Pedro Gil, 2002. "p-symmetric fuzzy measures," Post-Print hal-00273960, HAL.
- Michel Grabisch & Jacques Duchêne & Frédéric Lino & Patrice Perny, 2002. "Subjective Evaluation of Discomfort in Sitting Positions," Post-Print halshs-00273179, HAL.
- Marc Roubens & Michel Grabisch, 1999.
"An axiomatic approach to the concept of interaction among players in cooperative games,"
International Journal of Game Theory,
Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 547-565.
- Grabisch, M. & Roubens, M., 1998. "An Axiomatic Approach to the Concept of Interaction Among Players in Cooperative Games," Liege - Groupe d'Etude des Mathematiques du Management et de l'Economie 9818, UNIVERSITE DE LIEGE, Faculte d'economie, de gestion et de sciences sociales, Groupe d'Etude des Mathematiques du Management et de l'Economie.
- Michel Grabisch & Pedro Miranda, 2004. "p-symmetric bi-capacities," Post-Print halshs-00188173, HAL.
- Tversky, Amos & Kahneman, Daniel, 1992. " Advances in Prospect Theory: Cumulative Representation of Uncertainty," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 297-323, October.
- Dubois, Didier & Prade, Henri & Sabbadin, Regis, 2001. "Decision-theoretic foundations of qualitative possibility theory," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 128(3), pages 459-478, February.
- Dieter Denneberg & Michel Grabisch, 2004. "Measure and integral with purely ordinal scales," Post-Print hal-00272078, HAL.
- MoshÊ Machover & Dan S. Felsenthal, 1997. "Ternary Voting Games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 335-351.
- Kojadinovic, Ivan & Marichal, Jean-Luc, 2007. "Entropy of bi-capacities," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 178(1), pages 168-184, April.
- Hatami-Marbini, Adel & Tavana, Madjid, 2011. "An extension of the Electre I method for group decision-making under a fuzzy environment," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 373-386, August.
- Brice Mayag & Michel Grabisch & Christophe Labreuche, 2011.
"A representation of preferences by the Choquet integral with respect to a 2-additive capacity,"
Theory and Decision,
Springer, vol. 71(3), pages 297-324, September.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00187175 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alessio Bonetti & Silvia Bortot & Mario Fedrizzi & Silvio Giove & Ricardo Alberto Marques Pereira & Andrea Molinari, 2011. "Modelling group processes and effort estimation in Project Management using the Choquet integral: an MCDM approach," DISA Working Papers 2011/12, Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy, revised Sep 2011.
- Schneider, Frank, 2008. "Multiple criteria decision making in application layer networks," Bayreuth Reports on Information Systems Management 36, University of Bayreuth, Chair of Information Systems Management.
- Silvia Bortot & Ricardo Alberto Marques Pereira, 2011. "Inconsistency and non-additive Choquet integration in the Analytic Hierarchy Process," DISA Working Papers 2011/06, Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy, revised 29 Jul 2011.
- repec:hal:cesptp:halshs-00625708 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.