Welfare Participation and Labour Market Behaviour in Canada
AbstractThis paper employs bivariate probit estimation procedures and non-independente selectivity adjustments to investigate the determinants of the joint welfare participation-labour supply decisions made by single male, single females, lone fathers and lone mothers, using data from the 1988-1989 LMAS.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance in its series Working Papers with number 1996-6.
Length: 32 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
LABOUR MARKET; WOMEN; SOCIAL WELFARE;
Other versions of this item:
- Louis N. Christofides & Thanasis Stengos & Robert Swidinsky, 1997. "Welfare Participation and Labour Market Behaviour in Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 30(3), pages 595-621, August.
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ross Finnie & Ian Irvine, 2008. "The Welfare Enigma: Explaining the Dramatic Decline in Canadians' Use of Social Assistance, 1993-2005," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 267, June.
- Martin D. Dooley, .
"The Evolution of Welfare Participation Among Canadian Lone Mothers From 1973 1991,"
Canadian International Labour Network Working Papers
17, McMaster University.
- Martin D. Dooley, 1999. "The Evolution of Welfare Participation Among Canadian Lone Mothers From 1973-1991," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 32(3), pages 589-612, May.
- Jennifer Stewart & Martin D. Dooley, 1999.
"The Duration of Spells on Welfare and Off Welfare Among Lone Mothers in Ontario,"
Canadian Public Policy,
University of Toronto Press, vol. 25(s1), pages 47-72, November.
- Jennifer Stewart & Martin Dooley, . "The Duration of Spells on Welfare and Off-welfare among Lone Mothers in Ontario," Canadian International Labour Network Working Papers 21, McMaster University.
- Sandra Dandie & Joseph Mercante, 2007. "Australian labour supply elasticities: Comparison and critical review," Treasury Working Papers 2007-04, Treasury, Australian Government, revised Oct 2007.
- Finnie, Ross Irvine, Ian Sceviour, Roger, 2004. "Welfare Dynamics in Canada: The Role of Individual Attributes and Economic-policy Variables," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2004231e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Stephen Whelan, 2010. "The take-up of means-tested income support," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 847-875, December.
- Berg, Nathan & Gabel, Todd, 2010. "New Reform Strategies and Welfare Participation in Canada," MPRA Paper 26591, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Finnie, Ross Irvine, Ian Sceviour, Roger, 2004. "La dynamique de l'aide sociale au Canada : le role des attributs individuels et des variables economiques et politiques," Direction des etudes analytiques : documents de recherche 2004231f, Statistics Canada, Direction des etudes analytiques.
- Terracol, Antoine, 2009.
"Guaranteed minimum income and unemployment duration in France,"
Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 171-182, April.
- Antoine Terracol, 2009. "Guaranteed minimum income and unemployment duration in France," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00607219, HAL.
- Louis N. Christofides, 2000.
"Social assistance and labour supply,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 33(3), pages 715-741, August.
- Myles, John Hou, Feng Picot, Garnett Myers, Karen, 2006. "Why Did Employment and Earnings Rise Among Lone Mothers During the 1980s and 1990s?," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2006282e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Finnie, Ross Irvine, Ian Sceviour, Roger, 2005. "Social Assistance Use in Canada: National and Provincial Trends in Incidence, Entry and Exit," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2005245e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Ronald D. Kneebone & Katherine G. White, 2009. "Fiscal Retrenchment and Social Assistance in Canada," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 35(1), pages 21-40, March.
- Nathan Berg & Todd Gabel, 2013. "Effects of New Welfare Reform Strategies on Welfare Participation: Microdata Estimates from Canada," Working Papers 1304, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Feb 2013.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stephen Kosempel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.