Introducing Liquid Biofuels into the GTAP Data Base
AbstractProduction of liquid biofuels has rapidly increased around the world in recent years. Biofuel production, by its nature, can affect the economy and environment of many countries in different ways. Global Computable General Equilibrium (CGE) analysis is an appropriate approach to study the widespread socio-economic and environmental impacts of bioenergy production. An appropriate benchmark data base including an independent biofuel sector is essential to develop a CGE model for this purpose. This paper represents the first effort aimed at formally introducing liquid biofuels sectors into the version 6 of the GTAP Data Base (Dimaranan, 2007). It builds on the International Energy Agency (IEA) data base, plant-level, biofuel processing models, and the SplitCom program developed by Horridge (2005) to introduce three biofuel sectors into the GTAP Data Base.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University in its series GTAP Research Memoranda with number 2534.
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
Note: GTAP Research Memorandum No. 11
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 1145 Krannert Building, West Lafayette, IN 47907-1145
Phone: (765) 494-4267
Fax: 765 494-9176
Web page: http://www.gtap.agecon.purdue.edu/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cororaton, Caesar B. & Timilsina, Govinda R. & Mevel, Simon, 2010.
"Impacts Of Large Scale Expansion Of Biofuels On Global Poverty And Income Distribution,"
Proceedings Issues, 2010: Climate Change in World Agriculture: Mitigation, Adaptation, Trade and Food Security, June 2010, Stuttgart- Hohenheim, Germany
91279, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Cororaton, Caesar B. & Timilsina, Govinda R., 2012. "Impacts of large-scale expansion of biofuels on global poverty and income distribution," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6078, The World Bank.
- Ren, Xiaolin & Fullerton, Don & Braden, John B., 2011.
"Optimal taxation of externalities interacting through markets: A theoretical general equilibrium analysis,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 496-514, September.
- Xiaolin Ren & Don Fullerton & John B. Braden, 2010. "Optimal Taxation of Externalities Interacting through Markets: A Theoretical General Equilibrium Analysis," CESifo Working Paper Series 3259, CESifo Group Munich.
- Carmen Aina & Lorenzo Cappellari & Marco Francesconi, 2010. "Student Performance may not Improve when Universities are Choosier," CESifo Working Paper Series 3264, CESifo Group Munich.
- Tetsuji Tanaka & Nobuhiro Hosoe, 2011. "What Drove the Crop Price Hikes in the Food Crisis?," GRIPS Discussion Papers 11-16, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Golub, Alla A. & Hertel, Thomas W. & Rose, Steven K. & Sohngen, Brent, 2008. "Biofuel Growth: Global Greenhouse Gas Emissions Impacts from Changes in Forest Carbon Stocks," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 47450, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Angelo Costa Gurgel, 2011. "Impactos daPolítica Americana de Estímulo aosBiocombustíveis sobre a ProduçãoAgropecuária e o Uso da Terra," Anais do XXXVII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 37th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 186, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Thierry Brunelle & Patrice Dumas, 2012. "Can Numerical Models Estimate Indirect Land-use Change?," Working Papers 2012.65, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Hertel, Thomas W. & Tyner, Wallace E. & Birur, Dileep K., 2008.
"Biofuels for all? Understanding the Global Impacts of Multinational Mandates,"
2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida
6526, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Hertel, Thomas & Tyner, Wally & Birur, Dileep, 2008. "Biofuels for all? Understanding the Global Impacts of Multinational Mandates," GTAP Working Papers 2809, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Bouët, Antoine & Dimaranan, Betina V. & Valin, Hugo, 2010. "Modeling the global trade and environmental impacts of biofuel policies," IFPRI discussion papers 1018, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jeremy Douglas).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.