An Empirical Investigation of Consumption CAPMs in the Australian Market
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Griffith University, Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics in its series Discussion Papers in Finance with number finance:201011.
Date of creation: Nov 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Nathan, Brisbane, Queensland, 4111
Phone: (07) 3875-5364
Fax: (07) 3875-7750
Web page: http://www.griffith.edu.au/business-commerce/griffith-business-school/departments/department-accounting-finance-economics
More information through EDIRC
Consumption-Based CAPM; Consumption-Wealth Ratio; Surplus Consumption; Labour Income; Conditional Model; Asset Pricing;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-10-23 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tom Engsted & Stuart Hyde & Stig V. Møller, 2007.
"Habit Formation, Surplus Consumption and Return Predictability: International Evidence,"
CREATES Research Papers, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus
2007-31, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Engsted, Tom & Hyde, Stuart & Møller, Stig V., 2010. "Habit formation, surplus consumption and return predictability: International evidence," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 1237-1255, November.
- Shanken, Jay, 1992. "On the Estimation of Beta-Pricing Models," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 5(1), pages 1-33.
- Stuart Hyde & Mohamed Sherif, 2005. "Consumption Asset Pricing Models: Evidence From The Uk," Manchester School, University of Manchester, University of Manchester, vol. 73(3), pages 343-363, 06.
- Jagannathan, Ravi & Wang, Zhenyu, 1996.
" The Conditional CAPM and the Cross-Section of Expected Returns,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association,
American Finance Association, vol. 51(1), pages 3-53, March.
- Ravi Jagannathan & Zhenyu Wang, 1996. "The conditional CAPM and the cross-section of expected returns," Staff Report, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis 208, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Paul Gao & Kevin X.D. Huang, 2004.
"Aggregate consumption-wealth ratio and the cross-section of stock returns: some international evidence,"
Research Working Paper, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
RWP 04-07, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Paul P.J. Gao & Kevin X.D. Huang, 2008. "Aggregate Consumption-Wealth Ratio and the Cross-Section of Stock Returns: Some International Evidence," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 9(1), pages 1-37, May.
- Wayne E. Ferson & Sergei Sarkissian & Timothy Simin, 2002.
"Spurious Regressions in Financial Economics?,"
NBER Working Papers
9143, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert Faff & Barry Oliver, 1998. "Consumption versus market betas of Australian industry portfolios," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(8), pages 513-517.
- Alvin Tan & Graham Voss, 2003. "Consumption and Wealth in Australia," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 79(244), pages 39-56, 03.
- Faff, Robert W., 1998. "The empirical relationship between aggregate consumption and security prices in Australia," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 6(1-2), pages 213-224, May.
- Motohiro Yogo, 2006. "A Consumption-Based Explanation of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, American Finance Association, vol. 61(2), pages 539-580, 04.
- Alvin Tan & Graham Voss, 2000. "Consumption and Wealth," RBA Research Discussion Papers, Reserve Bank of Australia rdp2000-09, Reserve Bank of Australia.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dr. Alexandr Akimov).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.