Fiscal Policy and Growth in the Context of European Integration
AbstractThe paper considers the issue of whether a supranational fiscal policy in Europe is needed, and, is so what responsibilities it should undertake. The literature on endogenous growth and the principle of subsidiarity suggest that such a policy should be limited to externalities or economies of scale not captured at the national level.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Warwick - Development Economics Research Centre in its series Papers with number 7.
Length: 37 pages
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: University of Warwick, Development Economics Research Center, Coventry CV4 7AL, United Kingdom.
Phone: +44 (0) 2476 523202
Fax: +44 (0) 2476 523032
Web page: http://www.warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/Economics/
More information through EDIRC
FISCAL POLICY ; ECONOMIC GROWTH;
Other versions of this item:
- Paul R. Masson, 2000. "Fiscal Policy and Growth in the Context of European Integration," IMF Working Papers 00/133, International Monetary Fund.
- Paul Masson, 2000. "Fiscal policy and growth in the context of European integration," Working Paper Research 07, National Bank of Belgium.
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- O40 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alberto Majocchi, 2008. "Theories of fiscal federalism and the European experience," ISAE Working Papers 100, ISTAT - Italian National Institute of Statistics - (Rome, ITALY).
- Vratislav Izák, 2011. "The Welfare State and Economic Growth," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2011(4), pages 291-308.
- Fritz Breuss, 2001. "Towards a Political Economy of Zero Budgeting in Austria," Empirica, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 41-67, March.
- Hefeker, Carsten, 2003. "Ressourcenverteilung in der EU : eine polit-ökonomische Perspektive," HWWA Discussion Papers 252, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.