Strengthening food policy through gender and intrahousehold analysis: impact assessment of IFPRI multicountry research
Abstract"This assessment focuses on IFPRI's research program, Strengthening Food Policy through Intrahousehold Analysis,” within the Food Consumption and Nutrition Division (FCND). The program was initiated in 1992, formally began in 1994, and was completed in 2003. Research undertaken in the program was complex, involving work in several countries and taking on challenging new research issues of great potential policy relevance, within a rapidly changing environment. The objectives of the program were to document intrahousehold resource allocation patterns; develop economic models and data collection methods necessary to investigate determinants of intrahousehold resource allocations; establish the relevance of these patterns and models for food policy; evaluate the benefits relative to additional costs of data collection at the intrahousehold level, develop guidelines for a priori expectations on intrahousehold issues, and manage outreach through training materials and publications geared to the range of research users." from Authors' Abstract
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) in its series Impact assessments with number 23.
Date of creation: 2005
Date of revision:
Gender issues; Food policy; Intrahousehold research allocation; Impact assessment; International Food Policy Research Institute; Economic models; Surveys Methodology; Gender; Household resource allocation;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ryan, James G. & Garrett, James L., 2003. "The impact of economic policy research," Impact assessments 20, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Brown, Lynn R. & Feldstein, Hilary Sims & Haddad, Lawrence James & Peña, Christine & Quisumbing, Agnes R., 1995. "Generating food security in the year 2020," 2020 vision briefs 17, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Pardey, Philip G. & Christian, Jason E., 2002. "The production and diffusion of policy knowledge," Impact assessments 14, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Quisumbing, Agnes R. & McClafferty, Bonnie, 2006. "Using gender research in development: food security in practice," Food security in practice technical guide series 2, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Anderson, Jock R. & Bos, Maria Soledad & Cohen, Marc J., 2005. "Impact assessment of food policy research a stocktaking workshop: synthesis report," Impact assessments 25, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.