An alternative method of estimating the Cagan money demand function in hyperinflation under rational expectations
AbstractThis paper contains a description and implementation of a new strategy for estimating the Cagan money demand function under rational expectations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond in its series Working Paper with number 79-05.
Date of creation: 1979
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Goodfriend, Marvin S., 1982. "An alternate method of estimating the Cagan money demand function in hyperinflation under rational expectations," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 43-57.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barro, Robert J, 1970.
"Inflation, the Payments Period, and the Demand for Money,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(6), pages 1228-63, Nov.-Dec..
- Barro, Robert J., 1970. "Inflation, the Payments Period, and the Demand for Money," Scholarly Articles 3451392, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Dimitris Georgoutsos & Georgios Kouretas, 2004.
"A Multivariate I(2) cointegration analysis of German hyperinflation,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 29-41.
- Dimitris Georgoutsos & George Kouretas, 2000. "A Multivariate I(2) Cointegration Analysis Of German Hyperinflation," Working Papers 0001, University of Crete, Department of Economics, revised 00 Jul 2001.
- Topal, yavuz Han, 2013. "On the tracks of Zimbabwe’s Hyperinflation: A Quantitative Investigation," MPRA Paper 56117, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mark A. Hooker, 1997. "Misspecification versus bubbles in hyperinflation data: Monte Carlo and interwar European evidence," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-49, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Alexei Deviatov & Neil Wallace, 2006. "Estimating a Cagan-type demand function for gold: 1561-1913," Working Papers w0080, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Han, Bing & Hirshleifer, David & Wang, Tracy, 2005.
"Investor Overconfidence and the Forward Discount Puzzle,"
6497, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Dec 2007.
- Han, Bing & Hirshleifer, David & Wang, Tracy Yue, 2005. "Investor Overconfidence and the Forward Discount Puzzle," Working Paper Series 2005-21, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Tracy Yue Wang & David Hirshleifer & Bing Han, 2010. "Investor Overconfidence and the Forward Discount Puzzle," 2010 Meeting Papers 1201, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Chan, Hing Lin & Lee, Shu Kam & Woo, Kai-Yin, 2003. "An empirical investigation of price and exchange rate bubbles during the interwar European hyperinflations," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 327-344.
- Peter M. Garber & Robert G. King, 1983. "Deep Structral Excavation? A Critique of Euler Equation Methods," NBER Technical Working Papers 0031, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (William Perkins).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.