A test of international CAPM
AbstractWe propose and implement a Wald test of the international capital asset pricing model. Ex post asset returns are regressed on asset supplies. CAPM requires that the matrix of coefficients from a regression of n rates of return on n asset supply shares be proportional to the covariance matrix of the residuals from those regressions. We test this restriction in the context of a model that aggregates all outside financial assets for each of ten countries. We do not find strong support for the restrictions of CAPM.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Federal Reserve Bank of New York in its series Research Paper with number 8822.
Date of creation: 1988
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Frankel, Jeffrey A., 1982. "In search of the exchange risk premium: A six-currency test assuming mean-variance optimization," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 255-274, January.
- Godfrey, Leslie G, 1978. "Testing against General Autoregressive and Moving Average Error Models When the Regressors Include Lagged Dependent Variables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1293-1301, November.
- Engel, Charles M., 1984. "Testing for the absence of expected real profits from forward market speculation," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3-4), pages 299-308, November.
- Breusch, T S, 1978. "Testing for Autocorrelation in Dynamic Linear Models," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(31), pages 334-55, December.
- Charles Engel & Jeffrey A. Frankel & Kenneth A. Froot & Anthony Rodrigues, 1989.
"Conditional mean-variance efficiency of the U.S. stock market,"
8901, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Charles Engel & Jeffrey A. Frankel & Kenneth A. Froot & Anthony P. Rodrigues, 1989. "Conditional Mean-Variance Efficiency of the U.S. Stock Market," NBER Working Papers 2890, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Farber).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.