Computation of equilibria in heterogeneous agent models
AbstractThis paper essentially puts together procedures that are used in the computation of equilibria in models with a very large number of heterogeneous agents. It is not a complete description of all procedures used in the literature. It describes procedures that deal with infinitely lived agent versions of the growth model with and without aggregate uncertainty, overlapping generations models, and dynamic political economy models.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis in its series Staff Report with number 231.
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Diaz-Gimenez, Javier & Prescott, Edward C. & Fitzgerald, Terry & Alvarez, Fernando, 1992.
"Banking in computable general equilibrium economies,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 16(3-4), pages 533-559.
- Javier Diaz-Gimenez & Edward C. Prescott & Terry Fitzgerald & Fernando Alvarez, 1992. "Banking in computable general equilibrium economies," Staff Report 153, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Harald Uhlig, 2010.
"A Law of Large Numbers for Large Economies,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
2070, David K. Levine.
- Rios-Rull, Jose-Victor, 1994. "On the quantitative importance of market completeness," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 463-496, December.
- Kjetil Storesletten, .
"Sustaining Fiscal Policy Through Immigration,"
_005, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Huggett, Mark, 1993. "The risk-free rate in heterogeneous-agent incomplete-insurance economies," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 17(5-6), pages 953-969.
- Ayse Imrohoroglu & Selahattin Imrohoroglu & Douglas H. Joines, 1994. "The effect of tax-favored retirement accounts on capital accumulation and welfare," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 92, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- HUANG, HE & IMROHOROG[caron]LU, SELAHATTIN & SARGENT, THOMAS J., 1997. "Two Computations To Fund Social Security," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(01), pages 7-44, January.
- Krusell, Per & Quadrini, Vincenzo & Rios-Rull, Jose-Victor, 1996. "Are consumption taxes really better than income taxes?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 475-503, June.
- Luis Cubeddu & Jose-Victor Rios-Rull, 1997. "Marital risk and capital accumulation," Staff Report 235, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Rios-Rull, Jose-Victor, 1996. "Life-Cycle Economies and Aggregate Fluctuations," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(3), pages 465-89, July.
- repec:cup:macdyn:v:1:y:1997:i:1:p:7-44 is not listed on IDEAS
- Per Krusell & José-Victor Ríos-Rull, 1994. "What Constitutions Promote Capital Accumulation? A Political-Economy Approach," Wallis Working Papers WP1, University of Rochester - Wallis Institute of Political Economy.
- Alan J. Auerbach & Laurence J. Kotlikoff & Robert P. Hagemann & Giuseppe Nicoletti, 1989. "The Economic Dynamics of an Ageing Population: The Case of Four OECD Countries," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 62, OECD Publishing.
- Gary D. Hansen & Edward C. Prescott, 1992.
"Recursive methods for computing equilibria of business cycle models,"
Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics
36, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Gary D. Hansen, . "GAUSS code for the basic Hansen (1985) model," QM&RBC Codes 7, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Gary D. Hansen, . "GAUSS code for a basic model with money, cash-in-advance constraint," QM&RBC Codes 8, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Gary D. Hansen, . "GAUSS code useful for many RBC models," QM&RBC Codes 6, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Gary D. Hansen, . "GAUSS code for an overlapping generations model with inelastic labor supply," QM&RBC Codes 9, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Gary D. Hansen, . "GAUSS code for the Imrohoroglu (1989) model without aggregate uncertainty," QM&RBC Codes 10, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Krusell, Per & Quadrini, Vincenzo & Rios-Rull, Jose-Victor, 1997. "Politico-economic equilibrium and economic growth," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 243-272, January.
- Per Krusell & Anthony A. Smith, Jr., .
"Income and Wealth Heterogeneity in the Macroeconomy,"
GSIA Working Papers
1997-37, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Per Krusell & Anthony A. Smith & Jr., 1998. "Income and Wealth Heterogeneity in the Macroeconomy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(5), pages 867-896, October.
- Krusell, P & Smith Jr, A-A, 1995. "Income and Wealth Heterogeneity in the Macroeconomic," RCER Working Papers 399, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Janelle Ruswick).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.