Bayesian Analysis of DSGE models: A Panel Approach
AbstractThis methodological paper in Bayesian econometrics applied to macroeconomic models, presents first the Bayesian estimation of DSGE models, then illustrates the e¤ects of the estimation for a panel of countries, assuming some homogeneity across coun- tries. Under some specifications, the results exhibit more preci- sion about parameters in a panel approach. The gain of precision is important using a panel of small samples of data.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne in its series Documents de recherche with number 08-03.
Length: 63 pages
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alvarez, J. & Arellano, M., 1998.
"The Time Series and Cross-Section Asymptotics of Dynamic Panel Data Estimators,"
9808, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Y Financieros-.
- Javier Alvarez & Manuel Arellano, 2003. "The Time Series and Cross-Section Asymptotics of Dynamic Panel Data Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(4), pages 1121-1159, 07.
- Koop, Gary & Osiewalski, Jacek & Steel, Mark F J, 2000. "Modeling the Sources of Output Growth in a Panel of Countries," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 18(3), pages 284-99, July.
- Fabio Canova & Matteo Ciccarelli & Eva Ortega, 2003.
"Similarities and convergence in G-7 cycles,"
Economics Working Papers
924, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Aug 2004.
- Canova, Fabio & Ciccarelli, Matteo & Ortega, Eva, 2004. "Similarities and Convergence in G7 Cycles," CEPR Discussion Papers 4534, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Canova, Fabio & Ciccarelli, Matteo & Ortega, Eva, 2004. "Similarities and convergence in G-7 cycles," Working Paper Series 0312, European Central Bank.
- Fabio Canova & Matteo Ciccarelli & Eva Ortega, 2004. "Similarities and convergence in G-7 cycles," Banco de Espaï¿½a Working Papers 0404, Banco de Espa�a.
- Pau Rabanal & Juan Francisco Rubio-Ramirez, 2003.
"Comparing New Keynesian models in the Euro area: a Bayesian approach,"
2003-30, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Pau Rabanal & Juan Rubio-Ramírez, 2008. "Comparing new Keynesian models in the Euro area: a Bayesian approach," Spanish Economic Review, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 23-40, March.
- Dale J. Poirier, 1995. "Intermediate Statistics and Econometrics: A Comparative Approach," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262161494.
- DeJong, David N. & Ingram, Beth F. & Whiteman, Charles H., 2000. "A Bayesian approach to dynamic macroeconomics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 203-223, October.
- Gary Koop & Roberto Leon-Gonzalez & Rodney Strachan, 2006.
"Bayesian Inference in a Cointegrating Panel Data Model,"
Discussion Papers in Economics
06/2, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Gary Koop & Roberto Leon-Gonzalez & Rodney Strachan, 2007. "Bayesian Inference in a Cointegrating Panel Data Model," Working Paper Series 02-07, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, revised Jul 2007.
- Erceg, Christopher J. & Henderson, Dale W. & Levin, Andrew T., 2000.
"Optimal monetary policy with staggered wage and price contracts,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 281-313, October.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS program to solve Erceg-Henderson-Levin model," Statistical Software Components RTZ00051, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Ryo Kato & Takayuki Tsuruga, 2002. "Matlab code for a sticky wage/price model," QM&RBC Codes 114, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Andrew Levin & Christopher J. Erceg & Dale W. Henderson, 1999. "Optimal Monetary Policy with Staggered Wage and Price Contracts," Computing in Economics and Finance 1999 1151, Society for Computational Economics.
- Christopher J. Erceg & Dale W. Henderson & Andrew T. Levin, 1999. "Optimal monetary policy with staggered wage and price contracts," International Finance Discussion Papers 640, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Calvo, Guillermo A., 1983. "Staggered prices in a utility-maximizing framework," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 383-398, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Samuel Nosel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.