Bayesian Analysis of DSGE models: A Panel Approach
AbstractThis methodological paper in Bayesian econometrics applied to macroeconomic models, presents first the Bayesian estimation of DSGE models, then illustrates the e¤ects of the estimation for a panel of countries, assuming some homogeneity across coun- tries. Under some specifications, the results exhibit more preci- sion about parameters in a panel approach. The gain of precision is important using a panel of small samples of data.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne in its series Documents de recherche with number 08-03.
Length: 63 pages
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pau Rabanal & Juan Francisco Rubio-Ramirez, 2003.
"Comparing New Keynesian models in the Euro area: a Bayesian approach,"
2003-30, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Pau Rabanal & Juan Rubio-Ramírez, 2008. "Comparing new Keynesian models in the Euro area: a Bayesian approach," Spanish Economic Review, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 23-40, March.
- Christopher J. Erceg & Dale W. Henderson & Andrew T. Levin, 1999.
"Optimal monetary policy with staggered wage and price contracts,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
640, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Erceg, Christopher J. & Henderson, Dale W. & Levin, Andrew T., 2000. "Optimal monetary policy with staggered wage and price contracts," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 281-313, October.
- Andrew Levin & Christopher J. Erceg & Dale W. Henderson, 1999. "Optimal Monetary Policy with Staggered Wage and Price Contracts," Computing in Economics and Finance 1999 1151, Society for Computational Economics.
- Koop, Gary & Osiewalski, Jacek & Steel, Mark F J, 2000. "Modeling the Sources of Output Growth in a Panel of Countries," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 18(3), pages 284-99, July.
- DeJong, David N. & Ingram, Beth F. & Whiteman, Charles H., 2000. "A Bayesian approach to dynamic macroeconomics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 203-223, October.
- Javier Alvarez & Manuel Arellano, 2003.
"The Time Series and Cross-Section Asymptotics of Dynamic Panel Data Estimators,"
Econometric Society, vol. 71(4), pages 1121-1159, 07.
- Alvarez, J. & Arellano, M., 1998. "The Time Series and Cross-Section Asymptotics of Dynamic Panel Data Estimators," Papers 9808, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Y Financieros-.
- Canova, Fabio & Ciccarelli, Matteo & Ortega, Eva, 2004.
"Similarities and Convergence in G7 Cycles,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4534, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fabio Canova & Matteo Ciccarelli & Eva Ortega, 2003. "Similarities and convergence in G-7 cycles," Economics Working Papers 924, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Aug 2004.
- Canova, Fabio & Ciccarelli, Matteo & Ortega, Eva, 2004. "Similarities and convergence in G-7 cycles," Working Paper Series 0312, European Central Bank.
- Fabio Canova & Matteo Ciccarelli & Eva Ortega, 2004. "Similarities and convergence in G-7 cycles," Banco de Espaï¿½a Working Papers 0404, Banco de Espa�a.
- Gary Koop & Roberto Leon-Gonzalez & Rodney Strachan, 2007.
"Bayesian Inference in a Cointegrating Panel Data Model,"
Working Paper Series
02-07, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, revised Jul 2007.
- Gary Koop & Roberto Leon-Gonzalez & Rodney Strachan, 2006. "Bayesian Inference in a Cointegrating Panel Data Model," Discussion Papers in Economics 06/2, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Calvo, Guillermo A., 1983. "Staggered prices in a utility-maximizing framework," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 383-398, September.
- Dale J. Poirier, 1995. "Intermediate Statistics and Econometrics: A Comparative Approach," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262161494, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Samuel Nosel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.