New Tools for Dealing with Errors-in-Variables in DEA
AbstractWe develop a series of novel conceptual tools to systematically account for errors-in-variables in Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA). These tools allow for statistical inference while requiring minimal statistical distribution assumptions, and therefore constitute a valuable addition to the tools currently available for dealing with errors-in-variables. An empirical application for large European Union financial institutions illustrates the proposed approach.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën in its series Center for Economic Studies - Discussion papers with number ces0006.
Date of creation: Mar 2000
Date of revision:
Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA); errors-in-variables; efficiency depth; robust reference sets; financial institutions;
Other versions of this item:
- Laurens Cherchye & Timo Kuosmanen & Thierry Post, 2000. "New Tools for Dealing with Errors-in-Variables in DEA," Public Economics Working Paper Series ces0006, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën, Working Group Public Economics.
- Cherchye, Laurens & Kuosmanen, T & Post, T, 2000. "New tools for dealing with errors-in-variables in DEA," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/118577, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gong, Linguo & Sun, Bruce, 1995. "Efficiency measurement of production operations under uncertainty," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 55-66, April.
- Per Andersen & Niels Christian Petersen, 1993. "A Procedure for Ranking Efficient Units in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(10), pages 1261-1264, October.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997.
"Efficiency of financial institutions: international survey and directions for future research,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
1997-11, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Berger, Allen N. & Humphrey, David B., 1997. "Efficiency of financial institutions: International survey and directions for future research," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 175-212, April.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Efficiency of Financial Institutions: International Survey and Directions for Future Research," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-05, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Zhu, Joe, 1996. "Robustness of the efficient DMUs in data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 451-460, May.
- O. B. Olesen & N. C. Petersen, 1995. "Chance Constrained Efficiency Evaluation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 41(3), pages 442-457, March.
- Kuosmanen, Timo & Post, Thierry, 2003. "Measuring economic efficiency with incomplete price information," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 144(2), pages 454-457, January.
- Koenker, Roger, 2000. "Galton, Edgeworth, Frisch, and prospects for quantile regression in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 347-374, April.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Charnes, A. & Neralic, L., 1990. "Sensitivity analysis of the additive model in data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 332-341, October.
- Maria Sousa & Borko Stošić, 2005. "Technical Efficiency of the Brazilian Municipalities: Correcting Nonparametric Frontier Measurements for Outliers," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 24(2), pages 157-181, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karla Vander Weyden).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.