Quality of Official Development Assistance Assessment
AbstractIn 2010, many questions have come up regarding the actual practices of different donorsâ€” those over which they have control and those that are likely to affect their long-run effectiveness in terms of development impact. This report addresses these largely neglected questions and helps fill the research gap by focusing on what might be called aid agency effectiveness, or what is called as the quality of aid. A Quality of Official Development Assistance assessment (QuODA) by constructing four dimensions or pillars of aid quality built up from 30 separate indicators are done for the analysis.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by eSocialSciences in its series Working Papers with number id:3228.
Date of creation: Nov 2010
Date of revision:
Note: Institutional Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.esocialsciences.org
research gap; quality official assistance; QuODA; countries; report; edition; assessment; respcet; definitions; funders; agencies; donors; development;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-12-04 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christopher Kilby, 2010.
"What Determines the Size of Aid Projects?,"
Villanova School of Business Department of Economics and Statistics Working Paper Series
10, Villanova School of Business Department of Economics and Statistics.
- Knack, Stephen & Rogers, F. Halsey & Eubank, Nicholas, 2011.
"Aid Quality and Donor Rankings,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(11), pages 1907-1917.
- Vinod Thomas & Xubei Luo, 2011. "Overlooked Links in the Results Chain," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2347, March.
- World Bank & International Monetary Fund, 2012. "Global Monitoring Report 2012 : Food Prices, Nutrition, and the Millennium Development Goals," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6017, March.
- Peter Nunnenkamp & Hannes Öhler & Rainer Thiele, 2011.
"Donor Coordination and Specialization: Did the Paris Declaration Make a Difference?,"
Kiel Working Papers
1748, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Peter Nunnenkamp & Hannes Öhler & Rainer Thiele, 2013. "Donor coordination and specialization: did the Paris Declaration make a difference?," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 149(3), pages 537-563, September.
- Paolo Pinotti & Riccardo Settimo, 2011. "Does aid buy votes?," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 101, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Olofsgård, Anders, 2012. "The Politics of Aid Effectiveness: Why Better Tools can Make for Worse Outcomes," SITE Working Paper Series 16, Stockholm Institute of Transition Economics, Stockholm School of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.