Personal Well-Being During Growth
AbstractThis paper considers the relative importance of improvements in economic status in explaining improvements in non-monetary measures of well-being during Vietnam's economic boom in the 1990s.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by eSocialSciences in its series Working Papers with number id:1027.
Date of creation: Jun 2007
Date of revision:
Note: Institutional Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.esocialsciences.org
economic boom; status; well-being; vietnam; boom;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Strauss, John, 1984. "Joint determination of food consumption and production in rural Sierra Leone : Estimates of a household-firm model," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 77-103.
- Subramanian, Shankar & Deaton, Angus, 1996.
"The Demand for Food and Calories,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(1), pages 133-62, February.
- Thomas, D. & Lavy, V. & Strauss, J., 1991.
"Public Policy and Anthropometric Outcomes in the Cote d'Ivoire,"
643, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Thomas, Duncan & Lavy, Victor & Strauss, John, 1996. "Public policy and anthropometric outcomes in the Cote d'Ivoire," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 155-192, August.
- Thomas, D. & Lavy, V. & Strauss, J., 1995. "Public Policy and Anthropometric Outcomes in the Cote d'Ivoire," Papers 95-07, RAND - Labor and Population Program.
- Thomas, D & Lavy, V & Strauss, J, 1996. "Public Policy and Anthropometric Outcomes in the Cote d'Ivoire," Papers 96-19, RAND - Reprint Series.
- Strauss, J. & Thomas, D., 1995.
"Health, Nutrition and Economic development,"
95-23, RAND - Labor and Population Program.
- Carol Ann Rogers & Kenneth A. Swinnerton, 1999.
"The Economics of Child Labor: Comment,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 89(5), pages 1382-1385, December.
- Topel, Robert, 1999. "Labor markets and economic growth," Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 44, pages 2943-2984 Elsevier.
- Thomas, Duncan & Strauss, John, 1992.
"Prices, infrastructure, household characteristics and child height,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 301-331, October.
- Thomas, D. & Strauss, J., 1990. "Prices, Infrastructure, Household Charasteristics And Child Height," Papers 602, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Thomas, Duncan & Strauss, John & Henriques, Maria-Helena, 1990. "Child survival, height for age and household characteristics in Brazil," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 197-234, October.
- Wolfe, Barbara L. & Behrman, Jere R., 1987. "Women's schooling and children's health : Are the effects robust with adult sibling control for the women's childhood background?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 239-254, September.
- Wolfe, Barbara L & Behrman, Jere R, 1983. "Is Income Overrated in Determining Adequate Nutrition?," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(3), pages 525-49, April.
- de Brauw, Alan & Giles, John T., 2006.
"Migrant Opportunity and the Educational Attainment of Youth in Rural China,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2326, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- de Brauw, Alan & Giles, John, 2008. "Migrant opportunity and the educational attainment of youth in rural China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4526, The World Bank.
- Alan de Brauw & John Giles, 2005. "Migrant Opportunity and the Educational Attainment of Youth in Rural China," Department of Economics Working Papers 2005-05, Department of Economics, Williams College.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.