Explaining International Differences in Rates of Overeducation in Europe
AbstractThis paper examines the factors determining variations in international rates of overeducation. We find significant effects for a range of factors including labour market structural imbalances, risk, trade-union density and the structure of academic funding. The results suggest that international levels of overeducation are particularly sensitive to variations in higher education funding arrangements.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI) in its series Papers with number WP365.
Date of creation: Dec 2010
Date of revision:
overeducation; international variation; mismatch;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-01-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2011-01-30 (Education)
- NEP-LAB-2011-01-30 (Labour Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Frances Ruane & Xiaoheng Zhang, 2007. "Location Choices of the Pharmaceutical Industry in Europe after 1992," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp220, IIIS.
- Caroleo, Floro Ernesto & Pastore, Francesco, 2013.
"Overeducation at a Glance: Determinants and Wage Effects of the Educational Mismatch, Looking at the AlmaLaurea Data,"
IZA Discussion Papers
7788, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Floro Ernesto Caroleo & Francesco Pastore, 2012. "Overeducation at a glance. Determinants and wage effects of the educational mismatch, looking at the AlmaLaurea data," Discussion Papers 18_2012, CRISEI, University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Floro Ernesto Caroleo & Francesco Pastore, 2014. "Overeducation at a glance. Determinants and wage effects of the educational mismatch, looking at the AlmaLaurea data," Working Papers 58, AlmaLaurea Inter-University Consortium.
- Boll, Christina & Leppin, Julian Sebastian, 2013. "Equal matches are only half the story: Why German female graduates earn 27 % less than males," HWWI Research Papers 138, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sarah Burns).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.