Cost and Benefits of Implementing Trade Facilitation Measures under Negotiations at the WTO: an Exploratory Survey
AbstractThis study suggests that the WTO may need to establish a long-term institutional mechanism to deal with evolving trade facilitation measures and issues. Countries may also agree on a subset of well-defined TFMs to be implemented by all, as well as on a complementary list of possibly more controversial TFMs from which countries would select, based on their own needs and specificity, a pre-determined number of measures for implementation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Asia-Pacific Research and Training Network on Trade (ARTNeT), an initiative of UNESCAP and IDRC, Canada. in its series Working Papers with number 306.
Length: 40 pages
Date of creation: Jan 2006
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in ARTNeT website
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.unescap.org/tid/artnet/
WTO; Trade Facilitation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wilson, John S. & Mann, Catherine L. & Otsuki, Tsunehiro, 2004. "Assessing the potential benefit of trade facilitation : A global perspective," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3224, The World Bank.
- Joseph Francois & Hans van Meijl & Frank van Tongeren, 2005. "Trade liberalization in the Doha Development Round," Economic Policy, CEPR & CES & MSH, vol. 20(42), pages 349-391, 04.
- Evdokia Moïsé, 2004. "The Cost of Introducing and Implementing Trade Facilitation Measures: Interim Report," OECD Trade Policy Papers 8, OECD Publishing.
- Syed Saifuddin Hossain & Uttam Deb & Muhammad Al Amin, 2009.
"Impact of Information Technology in Trade Facilitation on Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises in Bangladesh,"
CPD Working Paper
84, Centre for Policy Dialogue (CPD).
- Syed Saifuddin Hossain & UttamÃ‚Â Deb & MuhammadÃ‚Â Al Amin, 2009. "Impact ofÃ‚Â Information Technology in Trade Facilitation on Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises in Bangladesh," Trade Working Papers 23058, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Syed Saifuddin Hossain & Uttam Deb & Muhammad Al Amin, 2009. "Impact of information technology in trade facilitation on small and medium-sized enterprises in Bangladesh," Working Papers 7609, Asia-Pacific Research and Training Network on Trade (ARTNeT), an initiative of UNESCAP and IDRC, Canada..
- Helble, Matthias & Mann, Catherine & Wilson, John S., 2009.
"Aid for trade facilitation,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
5064, The World Bank.
- Matthias Helble & Catherine Mann & John Wilson, 2012. "Aid-for-trade facilitation," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 148(2), pages 357-376, June.
- Iwanow, Tomasz & Kirkpatrick, Colin, 2009. "Trade Facilitation and Manufactured Exports: Is Africa Different?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 1039-1050, June.
- Christopher Findlay, 2007. "Going 'behind the border'," STUDIES IN TRADE AND INVESTMENT, in: Mia Mikic (ed.), FUTURE TRADE RESEARCH AREAS THAT MATTER TO DEVELOPING COUNTRY POLICYMAKERS, volume 61, chapter 6, pages 183-193 United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP).
- Institute for International Trade, 2006. "A Comparative Analysis of Trade Facilitation in Selected Regional and Bilateral Trade Agreement," Working Papers 1706, Asia-Pacific Research and Training Network on Trade (ARTNeT), an initiative of UNESCAP and IDRC, Canada..
- repec:unt:ecbook:tipub2467 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tomasz Iwanow & Colin Kirkpatrick, 2007. "Trade facilitation, regulatory quality and export performance," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(6), pages 735-753.
- Prabir De, 2006. "Trade in Northeast Asia: Why do Trade Costs Matter?," CESifo Working Paper Series 1809, CESifo Group Munich.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yann Duval).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.