Trade Facilitation in Asia and the Pacific: An Analysis of Import and Export Processes, Studies in Trade and Investment 71
AbstractThis book is a synthesis of the results and implications from a series of product-specific import and export process analyses conducted in selected Asian countries. It provides a unique set of micro-level information on the nature, as well as the time and cost, of trade procedures involved in moving goods from factory floor in an exporting country all the way to warehouses in an importing country. The regional study complement the more macro-level and cross-country trade facilitation indicators already available in the literature and aims at deepening our understanding of the procedural bottlenecks associated with intra-regional trade. The book is expected to be of interest to those in charge of analyzing or improving trade transaction efficiency in developing countries.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) in its series STUDIES IN TRADE AND INVESTMENT with number tipub2615 and published in 2011.
Note: A Study by the Asia-Pacific Research and Training Network on Trade (ARTNeT) and the United Nations Network of Experts for Paperless Trade in Asia and the Pacific (UNNExT). The Trade and Investment Division (TID) of ESCAP serves as the Secretariat of both the ARTNeT and UNNExT networks.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The United Nations Building, Rajadamnern Nok Avenue, Bangkok 10200
Phone: (66-2) 288-1234
Fax: (66-2) 288-1000
Web page: http://www.unescap.org/
More information through EDIRC
trade facilitation; Asia and the Pacific; business process analysis; paperless trade; import; export; trade process; trade procedure; transport; logistics; Bangladesh; China; India; Japan; Nepal; Sri Lanka; Thailand;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- O1 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- H. Brooks, Douglas & F. Stone, Susan, 2010. "Infrastructure and Trade Facilitation in Asian APEC," Asian Development Review, Asian Development Bank, vol. 27(1), pages 135-159.
- Fukunari Kimura & Ayako Obashi, 2011.
"Production Networks in East Asia : What We Know So Far,"
Trade Working Papers
23216, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Fukunari Kimura & Ayako Obashi, 2011. "Production Networks in East Asia : What We Know So Far," Microeconomics Working Papers 23216, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Kimura, Fukunari & Obashi, Ayako, 2011. "Production Networks in East Asia: What We Know So Far," ADBI Working Papers 320, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Gamberoni, Elisa & Lanz, Rainer & Piermartini, Roberta, 2010. "Timeliness and contract enforceability in intermediate goods trade," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5482, The World Bank.
- Syed Saifuddin Hossain & Md. Tariqur Rahman, 2011. "Facilitating Trade through Simplification of Trade Processes and Procedures in Bangladesh," Working Papers 9311, Asia-Pacific Research and Training Network on Trade (ARTNeT), an initiative of UNESCAP and IDRC, Canada..
- Ben Shepherd, 2010.
"Trade costs and facilitation in APEC and ASEAN: delivering the goods?,"
STUDIES IN TRADE AND INVESTMENT,
in: Rising Non-Tariff Protectionism and Crisis Recovery, chapter 5, pages 93-110
United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP).
- Shepherd, Ben, 2010. "Trade costs and facilitation in APEC and ASEAN: Delivering the goods?," MPRA Paper 21531, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Freund, Caroline; Rocha, Nadia, 2010.
"What Constrains Africas Exports?,"
CAGE Online Working Paper Series
16, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Bala Ramasamy, 2010. "An analysis of import-export procedures and processes in China," Working Papers 8810, Asia-Pacific Research and Training Network on Trade (ARTNeT), an initiative of UNESCAP and IDRC, Canada..
- Shepherd , Ben & Wilson, John S., 2008.
"Trade facilitation in ASEAN member countries : measuring progress and assessing priorities,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4615, The World Bank.
- Shepherd, Ben & Wilson, John S., 2009. "Trade facilitation in ASEAN member countries: Measuring progress and assessing priorities," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 367-383, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mia Mikic).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.