Impact of information technology in trade facilitation on small and medium-sized enterprises in Bangladesh
AbstractThis paper focuses specifically on one particular aspect of trade facilitation in the context of Bangladesh, i.e., impact on SMEs of IT in trade facilitation. It is hoped that the policy recommendations offered in this paper will be useful in furthering the cause of SME internationalization in Bangladesh.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Asia-Pacific Research and Training Network on Trade (ARTNeT), an initiative of UNESCAP and IDRC, Canada. in its series Working Papers with number 7609.
Date of creation: Sep 2009
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in ARTNeT website
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.unescap.org/tid/artnet/
Trade Facilitation; Bangladesh; SMEs; Information Technology;
Other versions of this item:
- Syed Saifuddin Hossain & UttamÃ‚Â Deb & MuhammadÃ‚Â Al Amin, 2009. "Impact ofÃ‚Â Information Technology in Trade Facilitation on Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises in Bangladesh," Trade Working Papers 23058, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Syed Saifuddin Hossain & Uttam Deb & Muhammad Al Amin, 2009. "Impact of Information Technology in Trade Facilitation on Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises in Bangladesh," CPD Working Paper 84, Centre for Policy Dialogue (CPD).
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-05-02 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Biman Chand Prasad, 2006. "Trade Facilitation Needs and Customs Valuation in Fiji," Working Papers 2406, Asia-Pacific Research and Training Network on Trade (ARTNeT), an initiative of UNESCAP and IDRC, Canada..
- Yann Duval, 2006. "Cost and Benefits of Implementing Trade Facilitation Measures under Negotiations at the WTO: an Exploratory Survey," Working Papers 306, Asia-Pacific Research and Training Network on Trade (ARTNeT), an initiative of UNESCAP and IDRC, Canada..
- Evdokia Moïsé, 2005. "Trade Facilitation Reforms in the Service of Development: Country Case Studies," OECD Trade Policy Papers 12, OECD Publishing.
- Wilson, John S. & Mann, Catherine L. & Otsuki, Tsunehiro, 2004. "Assessing the potential benefit of trade facilitation : A global perspective," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3224, The World Bank.
- Yann Duval, 2008.
"Trade Facilitation beyond the Doha round of negotiations,"
STUDIES IN TRADE AND INVESTMENT,
in: Trade Facilitation Beyond the Multilateral Trade Negotiations: Regional Practices, Customs, Valuation and Other Emerging Issues, pages 1-25
United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP).
- Yann Duval, 2007. "Trade Facilitation beyond the Doha Round of Negotiations," Working Papers 5007, Asia-Pacific Research and Training Network on Trade (ARTNeT), an initiative of UNESCAP and IDRC, Canada..
- Debapriya Bhattacharya & Syen Saifuddin Hossain, 2006. "An Evaluation of the Need and Cost of Selected Trade Facilitation Measures in Bangladesh: Implications for the WTO Negotiations on Trade Facilitation," Working Papers 906, Asia-Pacific Research and Training Network on Trade (ARTNeT), an initiative of UNESCAP and IDRC, Canada..
- Norbert Wilson, 2007. "Examining the Trade Effect of Certain Customs and Administrative Procedures," OECD Trade Policy Papers 42, OECD Publishing.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yann Duval).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.