Choice Rules with Size Constraints for Multiple Criteria Decision Making
AbstractIn outranking methods for Multiple Criteria Decision Making (MCDM), pair-wise comparisons of alternatives are often summarized through a fuzzy preference relation. In this paper, the binary preference relation is extended to pairs of subsets of alternatives in order to define on this basis a scoring function over subsets. A choice rule based on maximizing score under size constraint is studied, which turns to formulate as solving a sequence of classical location problems. For comparison with the kernel approach, the interior stability property of the selected subset is discussed and analyzed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School in its series ESSEC Working Papers with number DR 04002.
Length: 18 pages
Date of creation: Jan 2004
Date of revision:
Combinatorial optimization; Fuzzy preferences; Integer Programming; Location; Multiple Criteria Decision Aid;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C44 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Operations Research; Statistical Decision Theory
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-03-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-DCM-2004-03-22 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-DEV-2004-03-22 (Development)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Owen, Susan Hesse & Daskin, Mark S., 1998. "Strategic facility location: A review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 111(3), pages 423-447, December.
- Fodor, Janos C. & Roubens, Marc, 1995. "Structure of transitive valued binary relations," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 71-94, August.
- Bertrand Mareschal & Jean Pierre Brans & Philippe Vincke, 1984. "Prométhée: a new family of outranking methods in multicriteria analysis," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9305, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sophie Magnanou).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.