State-owned Enterprises Behaviour in Transition Economies and Inflation (The Case of Bulgaria 1991-1995)
AbstractThe study presents a dynamic model of inflation. The state-owned enterprises behaviour during the process of transition to a market economy has been thoroughly investigated. The model is based on the statistical data for Bulgarian economy, but its more general analytical framework allows its implementation in investigating other countries in transition, where public sector dominates the economy. According to the model presented in the paper, if prices of goods and services produced by state-owned enterprises change relatively slowlier than the overall price level, than there arise a contradiction in the direction of change in short- and longterm inflation dynamics.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Agency for Economic Analysis and Forecasting in its series Working paper series with number 21996en.
Length: 18 pages
Date of creation: Jun 1996
Date of revision:
Inflation; transition economy; state-owned enterprises;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Philippe Aghion & Olivier J. Blanchard, 1994.
"On the Speed of Transition in Central Europe,"
in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1994, Volume 9, pages 283-330
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blanchard, Olivier Jean & Aghion, Philippe, 1994. "On the Speed of Transition in Central Europe," Scholarly Articles 4481322, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Aghion, P. & Blanchard, O.J., 1993. "On the Speed of Transition in Central Europe," Working papers 93-8, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kiril Vassilev).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.