Bayesian Computational Tools
AbstractThis chapter surveys advances in the field of Bayesian computation over the past twenty years, from a purely personnal viewpoint, hence containing some ommissions given the spectrum of the field. Monte Carlo, MCMC and ABC themes are thus covered here, while the rapidly expanding area of particle methods is only briefly mentioned and different approximative techniques like variational Bayes and linear Bayes methods do not appear at all. This chapter also contains some novel computational entries on the double-exponential model that may be of interest per se
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique in its series Working Papers with number 2013-45.
Date of creation: Dec 2013
Date of revision:
ABC algorithms; Bayesian inference; consistence; Gibbs sampler; MCMC methods; simulation;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- H�vard Rue & Sara Martino & Nicolas Chopin, 2009. "Approximate Bayesian inference for latent Gaussian models by using integrated nested Laplace approximations," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 71(2), pages 319-392.
- Pierre Del Moral & Arnaud Doucet & Ajay Jasra, 2006. "Sequential Monte Carlo samplers," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 68(3), pages 411-436.
- McKinley Trevelyan & Cook Alex R & Deardon Robert, 2009. "Inference in Epidemic Models without Likelihoods," The International Journal of Biostatistics, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-40, July.
- Congdon, Peter, 2006. "Bayesian model choice based on Monte Carlo estimates of posterior model probabilities," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 346-357, January.
- Gourieroux, C. & Monfort, A. & Renault, E., 1992.
92.279, Toulouse - GREMAQ.
- Martins, Thiago G. & Simpson, Daniel & Lindgren, Finn & Rue, Håvard, 2013. "Bayesian computing with INLA: New features," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 68-83.
- Ventura, Laura & Cabras, Stefano & Racugno, Walter, 2009. "Prior Distributions From Pseudo-Likelihoods in the Presence of Nuisance Parameters," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 104(486), pages 768-774.
- Alexandros Beskos & Omiros Papaspiliopoulos & Gareth O. Roberts & Paul Fearnhead, 2006. "Exact and computationally efficient likelihood-based estimation for discretely observed diffusion processes (with discussion)," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 68(3), pages 333-382.
- Nicolas Chopin & Christian P. Robert, 2010. "Properties of nested sampling," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 97(3), pages 741-755.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Florian Sallaberry).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.