Influence Of Corporate Governance Attributes On Firms’ Financial Performance In Malaysia
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Conference Master Resources in its series Annual Summit on Business and Entrepreneurial Studies (ASBES 2011) Proceeding with number 2011-039-124.
Date of creation: Oct 2011
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in ASBES 2011 Proceeding, Oct 2011
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.internationalconference.com.my/proceeding.htm
Corporate Governance; Board; Audit Committee; Firms’ Performance;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M0 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2012-04-03 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2012-04-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-CFN-2012-04-03 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-CSE-2012-04-03 (Economics of Strategic Management)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kato, Takao & Long, Cheryl, 2005.
"Executive Compensation, Firm Performance, and Corporate Governance in China: Evidence from Firms Listed in the Shanghai and Shenzhen Stock Exchanges,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1767, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kato, Takao & Long, Cheryl, 2006. "Executive Compensation, Firm Performance, and Corporate Governance in China: Evidence from Firms Listed in the Shanghai and Shenzhen Stock Exchanges," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(4), pages 945-83, July.
- Yangmin Kim, 2005. "Board Network Characteristics and Firm Performance in Korea," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(6), pages 800-808, November.
- Peter Klein & Daniel Shapiro & Jeffrey Young, 2005. "Corporate Governance, Family Ownership and Firm Value: the Canadian evidence," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(6), pages 769-784, November.
- Klein, April, 2002. "Audit committee, board of director characteristics, and earnings management," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 375-400, August.
- Jonathan S. Leonard, 1990. "Executive pay and firm performance," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 43(3), pages 13-29, February.
- Kam C. Chan & Joanne Li, 2008. "Audit Committee and Firm Value: Evidence on Outside Top Executives as Expert-Independent Directors," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(1), pages 16-31, 01.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Andres, Pablo de & Vallelado, Eleuterio, 2008. "Corporate governance in banking: The role of the board of directors," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2570-2580, December.
- Joseph V. Carcello & Terry L. Neal, 2003. "Audit Committee Independence and Disclosure: choice for financially distressed firms," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(4), pages 289-299, October.
- Brick, Ivan E. & Palmon, Oded & Wald, John K., 2006. "CEO compensation, director compensation, and firm performance: Evidence of cronyism?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 403-423, June.
- Geoffrey C. Kiel & Gavin J. Nicholson, 2003. "Board Composition and Corporate Performance: how the Australian experience informs contrasting theories of corporate governance," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(3), pages 189-205, 07.
- Urbi Garay & Maximiliano González, 2008. "Corporate Governance and Firm Value: The Case of Venezuela," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(3), pages 194-209, 05.
- Jaggi, Bikki & Leung, Sidney & Gul, Ferdinand, 2009. "Family control, board independence and earnings management: Evidence based on Hong Kong firms," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 281-300, July.
- Mohd Hassan Che Haat & Rashidah Abdul Rahman & Sakthi Mahenthiran, 2008. "Corporate governance, transparency and performance of Malaysian companies," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 23(8), pages 744-778, September.
- Eng, L. L. & Mak, Y. T., 2003. "Corporate governance and voluntary disclosure," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 325-345.
- Cheng, Shijun, 2008. "Board size and the variability of corporate performance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 157-176, January.
- Roszaini Haniffa & Mohammad Hudaib, 2006. "Corporate Governance Structure and Performance of Malaysian Listed Companies," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(7-8), pages 1034-1062.
- On Kit Tam & Monica Guo-Sze Tan, 2007. "Ownership, Governance and Firm Performance in Malaysia," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 208-222, 03.
- Stijn Claessens & Joseph P. H. Fan, 2002. "Corporate Governance in Asia: A Survey," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 3(2), pages 71-103.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ihfal).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.