Board Composition and Corporate Performance: how the Australian experience informs contrasting theories of corporate governance
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Corporate Governance.
Volume (Year): 11 (2003)
Issue (Month): 3 (07)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0964-8410&site=1
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yi Wang & Judith Oliver, 2009. "Board composition and firm performance variance: Australian evidence," Accounting Research Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 22(2), pages 196-212, September.
- HERCIU Mihaela & OGREAN Claudia, 2014. "Corporate Governance And Behavioral Finance: From Managerial Biases To Irrational Investors," Studies in Business and Economics, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 9(1), pages 66-72, April.
- Bouaziz, Zied & Triki, Mohamed, 2012.
"L’impact du conseil d’administration sur la performance financière des entreprises Tunisiennes
[The impact of the Board of directors on the financial performance of Tunisian companies]," MPRA Paper 38672, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- RAMDANI, Dendi & VAN WITTELOOSTUIJN, Arjen, 2009. "Board independence, CEO duality and firm performance: A quantile regression analysis for Indonesia, Malaysia, South Korea and Thailand," ACED Working Papers 2009003, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Lippert, Inge, 2008. "Perspektivenverschiebungen in der Corporate Governance: Neuere Ansätze und Studien der Corporate-Governance-Forschung," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Knowledge, Production Systems and Work SP III 2008-302, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Suchard, Jo-Ann, 2009. "The impact of venture capital backing on the corporate governance of Australian initial public offerings," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 765-774, April.
- Sailesh Tanna & Fotios Pasiouras & Matthias Nnadi, 2011. "The Effect of Board Size and Composition on the Efficiency of UK Banks," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(3), pages 441-462, November.
- Mohd Azmi Mohd Noor Author_Email: mnmazmi@ tm.com.my & Dr. Faudziah Hanim Bt Fadzil, 2011. "Influence Of Corporate Governance Attributes On Firms’ Financial Performance In Malaysia," Annual Summit on Business and Entrepreneurial Studies (ASBES 2011) Proceeding 2011-039-124, Conference Master Resources.
- Shams Pathan & Michael Skully & J. Wickramanayake, 2007. "Board Size, Independence and Performance: An Analysis of Thai Banks," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 211-227, September.
- Santiago Kopoboru, 2013. "Using interlocks as a corporate strategy: a descriptive analysis of the Spanish case," Working Papers 13.01, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Business Organization and Marketing (former Department of Business Administration).
- Khaled Elsayed, 2011. "Board size and corporate performance: the missing role of board leadership structure," Journal of Management and Governance, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 415-446, August.
- Pugliese, A. & Bezemer, P.J. & Zattoni, A. & Huse, M. & van den Bosch, F.A.J. & Volberda, H.W., 2009. "Boards of Directors’ Contribution to Strategy: A Literature Review and Research Agenda," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2009-013-STR, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Ruth Mateos de Cabo & Ricardo Gimeno & María Nieto, 2012. "Gender Diversity on European Banks’ Boards of Directors," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 109(2), pages 145-162, August.
- Lu, Wen-Min & Wang, Wei-Kang & Hung, Shiu-Wan & Lu, En-Tzu, 2012. "The effects of corporate governance on airline performance: Production and marketing efficiency perspectives," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 529-544.
- Wang, Wei-Kang & Lu, Wen-Min & Tsai, Chia-Jen, 2011. "The relationship between airline performance and corporate governance amongst US Listed companies," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 148-152.
- Pascal Nguyen & Nahid Rahman, 2014. "Which Governance Characteristics Affect the Incidence of Divestitures in Australia?," Working Paper Series 180, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Bennedsen, Morten & Kongsted, Hans Christian & Nielsen, Kasper Meisner, 2008. "The causal effect of board size in the performance of small and medium-sized firms," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1098-1109, June.
- Georgeta VINTILA & Florinita DUCA, 2014. "Corporate Governance at the Influence of the Corporate Performance? Empirical Evidence on Companies Listed on Bucharest Stock Exchange," Romanian Statistical Review Supplement, Romanian Statistical Review, vol. 62(4), pages 64-73, April.
- Lee Shin-Ping & Chuang Tsung-Hsien, 2009. "The determinants of corporate performance: A viewpoint from insider ownership and institutional ownership," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 24(3), pages 233-247, April.
- Yamori, Nobuyoshi & Harimaya, Kozo & Tomimura, Kei, 2011. "Roles of Outside Directors in Cooperative Financial Institutions," MPRA Paper 29706, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- RAMDANI, Dendi & VAN WITTELOOSTUIJN, Arjen, 2009. "Board independence, CEO duality and firm performance: A quantile regression analysis for Indonesia, Malaysia, South Korea and Thailand," Working Papers 2009004, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Pieter-Jan Bezemer & Stefan Peij & Gregory Maassen & Han Halder, 2012. "The changing role of the supervisory board chairman: the case of the Netherlands (1997–2007)," Journal of Management and Governance, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 37-55, February.
- Liu, Jia & Lister, Roger & Pang, Dong, 2013. "Corporate evolution following initial public offerings in China: A life-course approach," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 1-20.
- Romilda Mazzotta & Stefania Veltri, 2014. "The relationship between corporate governance and the cost of equity capital. Evidence from the Italian stock exchange," Journal of Management and Governance, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 419-448, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.