Social Preferences under Uncertainty: Equality of Opportunity vs. Equality of Outcome
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by David K. Levine in its series Levine's Working Paper Archive with number 786969000000000396.
Date of creation: 23 Mar 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.dklevine.com/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hessel Oosterbeek & Randolph Sloof & Gijs van de Kuilen, 2004.
"Cultural differences in ultimatum game experiments: Evidence from a meta-analysis,"
- Hessel Oosterbeek & Randolph Sloof & Gijs van de Kuilen, 2004. "Cultural Differences in Ultimatum Game Experiments: Evidence from a Meta-Analysis," Experimental Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 171-188, 06.
- Christian Grund & Dirk Sliwka, 2002.
"Envy and Compassion in Tournaments,"
Bonn Econ Discussion Papers, University of Bonn, Germany
bgse32_2002, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Christian Grund & Dirk Sliwka, 2005. "Envy and Compassion in Tournaments," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(1), pages 187-207, 03.
- Thibault Gajdos & Eric Maurin, 2002.
"Unequal uncertainties and uncertain inequalities: an axiomatic approach,"
ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research
15-2003, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research, revised Mar 2003.
- Gajdos, Thibault & Maurin, Eric, 2004. "Unequal uncertainties and uncertain inequalities: an axiomatic approach," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 116(1), pages 93-118, May.
- Thibault Gajdos & Eric Maurin, 2004. "Unequal Uncertainties and Uncertain Inequalities: An Axiomatic Approach," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00085940, HAL.
- Thibault Gadjos & Eric Maurin, 2002. "Unequal Uncertainties and Uncertain Inequalities : An Axiomatic Approach," Working Papers, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique 2002-32, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Dirk Engelmann & Martin Strobel, 2006. "Inequality Aversion, Efficiency, and Maximin Preferences in Simple Distribution Experiments: Reply," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 96(5), pages 1918-1923, December.
- Barry Sopher & Edi Karni & Tim Salmon, 2001.
"Individual Sense of Fairness: An Experimental Study,"
Departmental Working Papers, Rutgers University, Department of Economics
200107, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Edi Karni & Tim Salmon & Barry Sopher, 2008. "Individual sense of fairness: an experimental study," Experimental Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 174-189, June.
- Kircher, Philipp & Sandroni, Alvaro & Ludwig, Sandra, 2009. "Fairness: A Critique to the Utilitarian Approach," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 288, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Kirsten Rohde, 2010. "A preference foundation for Fehr and Schmidt’s model of inequity aversion," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 537-547, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David K. Levine).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.