Political Turnover and Economic Performance: The Disciplinary Role of Personnel Control in China
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Chinese University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics in its series Discussion Papers with number 00002.
Date of creation: May 2003
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Weisbach, Michael S., 1988. "Outside directors and CEO turnover," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-2), pages 431-460, January.
- Edward P. Lazear & Sherwin Rosen, 1979.
"Rank-Order Tournaments as Optimum Labor Contracts,"
NBER Working Papers
0401, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Weingast, Barry R, 1995. "The Economic Role of Political Institutions: Market-Preserving Federalism and Economic Development," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(1), pages 1-31, April.
- Kiefer, Nicholas M, 1988. "Economic Duration Data and Hazard Functions," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(2), pages 646-79, June.
- Warner, Jerold B. & Watts, Ross L. & Wruck, Karen H., 1988. "Stock prices and top management changes," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-2), pages 461-492, January.
- Eric Maskin & Yingyi Qian & Chengagn Xu, 1997.
"Incentives, Scale Economies and Organizational Form,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1801, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Eric Maskin & Yingyi Quan & Chenggang Xu, 1997. "Incentives, Scale Economies, and Organizational Form," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 51, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Krueger, Anne O, 1974. "The Political Economy of the Rent-Seeking Society," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(3), pages 291-303, June.
- Li, Shaomin & Li, Shuhe & Zhang, Weiying, 2000. "The Road to Capitalism: Competition and Institutional Change in China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 269-292, June.
- Loren Brandt & Hongbin Li & Joanne Roberts, 2004.
"Why Do Governments Privatize?,"
00007, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics.
- Joseph P. H. Fan & Randall Morck & Bernard Yeung, 2011. "Translating Market Socialism with Chinese Characteristics into Sustained Prosperity," NBER Chapters, in: Capitalizing China, pages 1-32 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joseph Fan & Randall Morck, 2012.
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number morc10-1.
- Jie Zhang, 2013. "Infrastructure, Industrial Productivity and Regional Specialization in China," Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Discussion Paper Series 2012-034, Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Program.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.