General Equilibrium with Multi-Member Households and Production
AbstractWe consider firms and multi-member households operating in a competitive market environment. Households are endowed with resources (commodity bundles) and shares of firm ownership. Household members are characterized by individual preferences, possibly with intra-household consumption externalities. Household decisions adhere to the collective rationality model. Existence of general equilibrium and validity of the first welfare theorem are investigated.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CESifo Group Munich in its series CESifo Working Paper Series with number 3659.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
household behavior; general equilibrium; production;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D10 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - General
- D50 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - General
- D62 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Externalities
- D70 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hans Gersbach & Hans Haller, 2005.
"Bargaining Power and Equilibrium Consumption,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1448, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hans Gersbach & Hans Haller, 2003.
"Competitive Markets, Collective Decisions and Group Formation,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
953, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hans Gersbach & Hans Haller, 2002. "Competitive Markets, Collective Decisions and Group Formation," Discussion Papers 02-11, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Michele Gori, 2010. "Endogenous household formation and inefficiency in a general equilibrium model," Working Papers - Mathematical Economics 2010-09, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa, revised Oct 2010.
- Gersbach, Hans & Haller, Hans, 2001. "Collective Decisions and Competitive Markets," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(2), pages 347-68, April.
- Apps,Patricia & Rees,Ray, 2009.
"Public Economics and the Household,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521887878, December.
- Michele Gori & Antonio Villanacci, 2011. "A bargaining model in general equilibrium," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 46(3), pages 327-375, April.
- Gersbach, Hans & Haller, Hans, 2010.
"Club theory and household formation,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(5), pages 715-724, September.
- Hans Gersbach & Hans Haller, 2009. "Club Theory and Household Formation," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 09/110, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Gersbach, Hans & Haller, Hans, 2008. "Club Theory and Household Formation," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 08-11, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim & Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julio Saavedra).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.