Dynamic Oligopoly: Estimation and Tests of Market Structure
AbstractA linear-quadratic dynamic oligopoly model is developed and applied to the world coffee export market. The model nests various market structures using either open-loop or feedback strategies. The theoretical properties of this model are described. For given observed behavior, the assumption of feedback strategies implies a less competitive market structure than open-loop strategies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley in its series Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series with number qt7fk1119n.
Date of creation: 01 Oct 1988
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 207 Giannini Hall #3310, Berkeley, CA 94720-3310
Phone: (510) 642-3345
Fax: (510) 643-8911
Web page: http://www.escholarship.org/repec/are_ucb/
More information through EDIRC
coffee; farm products; game theory; marketing; mathematical models; oligopoly;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alan S. Blinder, 1983.
"Inventories and Sticky Prices: More on the Microfoundations of Macroeconomics,"
NBER Working Papers
0620, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blinder, Alan S, 1982. "Inventories and Sticky Prices: More on the Microfoundations of Macroeconomics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 334-48, June.
- Olivier J. Blanchard, 1983.
"The Production and Inventory Behavior of the American Automobile Industry,"
NBER Working Papers
0891, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blanchard, Olivier J, 1983. "The Production and Inventory Behavior of the American Automobile Industry," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(3), pages 365-400, June.
- Palm, F C & Vogelvang, E, 1986.
"A Short-run Econometric Analysis of the International Coffee Market,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 13(4), pages 451-76.
- Palm, F.C. & Vogelvang, E., 1986. "A short-run econometric analysis of the international coffee market," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-5998, Maastricht University.
- Palm, F.C. & Vogelvang, E., 1986. "A short run econometric analysis of the international coffee market," Serie Research Memoranda 0013, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Singleton, Kenneth J, 1982. "Generalized Instrumental Variables Estimation of Nonlinear Rational Expectations Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(5), pages 1269-86, September.
- Michael H. Riordan, 1985. "Imperfect Information and Dynamic Conjectural Variations," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(1), pages 41-50, Spring.
- Thomas J. Sargent, 1978.
"Estimation of dynamic labor demand schedules under rational expectations,"
27, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Sargent, Thomas J, 1978. "Estimation of Dynamic Labor Demand Schedules under Rational Expectations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(6), pages 1009-44, December.
- Fershtman, Chaim & Kamien, Morton I, 1987. "Dynamic Duopolistic Competition with Sticky Prices," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(5), pages 1151-64, September.
- Epstein, Larry G, 1981. "Duality Theory and Functional Forms for Dynamic Factor Demands," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(1), pages 81-95, January.
- Gilbert, Christopher L., 1987. "International commodity agreements: Design and performance," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 591-616, May.
- Reynolds, Stanley S, 1987. "Capacity Investment, Preemption and Commitment in an Infinite Horizon Model," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 28(1), pages 69-88, February.
- McLaren, Keith R & Cooper, Russel J, 1980. "Intertemporal Duality: Application to the Theory of the Firm," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(7), pages 1755-62, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.