A Cooperative Approach to Queue Allocation of Indivisible Objects
AbstractWe consider the allocation of a finite number of indivisible objects to the same number of agents according to an exogenously given queue. We assume that the agents collaborate in order to achieve an efficient outcome for society. We allow for side-payments and provide a method for obtaining stable outcomes.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC) in its series UFAE and IAE Working Papers with number 624.04.
Date of creation: 27 Sep 2004
Date of revision:
indivisible objects; queue; cooperative game theory;
Other versions of this item:
- Herbert Hamers & Flip Klijn & Marco Slikker & Bas Van Velzen, 2009. "A Cooperative Approach To Queue Allocation Of Indivisible Objects," International Game Theory Review (IGTR), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 11(02), pages 215-227.
- Hamers, H.J.M. & Klijn, F. & Slikker, M. & Velzen, S. van, 2004. "A Cooperative Approach to Queue Allocation of Indivisible Objects," Discussion Paper 2004-88, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Herbert Hamers & Flip Klijn & Marco Slikker & Bas van Velzen, 2005. "A Cooperative Approach to Queue Allocation of Indivisible Objects," Working Papers 221, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- D70 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-10-21 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shapley, Lloyd & Scarf, Herbert, 1974. "On cores and indivisibility," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 23-37, March.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Whinston, Michael D. & Green, Jerry R., 1995. "Microeconomic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195102680.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Xavier Vila).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.