The logic of the CAP: Politics or Economics?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Bank in its series Agricultural Distortions Working Paper with number 48639.
Date of creation: Nov 2008
Date of revision:
Distorted incentives; agricultural and trade policy reforms; national agricultural development; Agricultural and Food Policy; International Relations/Trade; F13; F14; Q17; Q18;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- Q17 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agriculture in International Trade
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gardner, Bruce L, 1987. "Causes of U.S. Farm Commodity Programs," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(2), pages 290-310, April.
- Francois, Joseph & Nelson, Douglas & Pelkmans-Balaoing, Annette, 2008.
"Endogenous Protection in General Equilibrium: Estimating Political Weights in the EU,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6979, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Joseph Francis Francois & Douglas Nelson & Annette Pelkmans-Balaoing, 2008. "Endogenous Protection in General Equilibrium: estimating political weights in the EU," Economics working papers 2008-15, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Olper, Alessandro & Raimondi, Valentina, 2008.
"Consitutional Rules and Agricultural Policy Outcomes,"
2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium
43870, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Olper, Alessandro & Raimondi, Valentina, 2009. "Constitutional Rules and Agricultural Policy Outcomes," Agricultural Distortions Working Paper 50304, World Bank.
- Beghin, John C. & Kherallah, Mylene, 1994.
"Political Institutions and International Patterns of Agricultural Protection,"
Staff General Research Papers
1602, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Beghin, John C & Kherallah, Mylene, 1994. "Political Institutions and International Patterns of Agricultural Protection," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(3), pages 482-89, August.
- John C. Beghin & William E. Foster & Mylene Kherallah, 1996.
"Institutions And Market Distortions: International Evidence For Tobacco,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1-4), pages 355-365.
- Beghin, John C. & Foster, William E. & Kherallah, Mylene, 1996. "Institutions and Market Distortions: International Evidence for Tobacco," Staff General Research Papers 1569, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Hinich, Melvin J., 1977.
"Equilibrium in spatial voting: The median voter result is an artifact,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 208-219, December.
- Hinich, M., 1976. "Equilibrium in Spatial Voting: The Median Voter Result is an Artifact," Working Papers 119, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Henning, Christian H.C.A., 2008. "Determinants of agricultural protection from an international perspective: The role of political institutions," IFPRI discussion papers 805, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- de Gorter, Harry & Rausser, Gordon C., 1989.
"Endogenizing U.S. milk price supports,"
Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series
qt4f58t530, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Binswanger, Hans P. & Deininger, Klaus, 1997.
"Explaining agricultural and agrarian policies in developing countries,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1765, The World Bank.
- Hans P. Binswanger & Klaus Deininger, 1997. "Explaining Agricultural and Agrarian Policies in Developing Countries," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(4), pages 1958-2005, December.
- Henning, Christian H.C.A., 2008. "Determinants of Agricultural Protection in an International Perspective: The Role of Political Institutions," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 43872, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Anderson, Kym, 1995.
"Lobbying Incentives and the Pattern of Protection in Rich and Poor Countries,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 43(2), pages 401-23, January.
- Anderson, Kym, 1993. "Lobbying Incentives and the Pattern of Protection in Rich and Poor Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 789, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.