The Role Of Agglomeration Economies In Firm Location: A Review Of The Literature
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics in its series Staff Papers with number 13321.
Date of creation: 1994
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 231ClaOff Building, 1994 Buford Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55108-6040
Phone: (612) 625-1222
Fax: (612) 625-6245
Web page: http://www.apec.umn.edu
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Grimaud, A., 1989. "Agglomeration economies and building height," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 17-31, January.
- Tabuchi, Takatoshi, 1986. "Urban agglomeration, capital augmenting technology, and labor market equilibrium," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 211-228, September.
- Nakamura, Ryohei, 1985. "Agglomeration economies in urban manufacturing industries: A case of Japanese cities," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 108-124, January.
- Pascal, Anthony H. & McCall, John J., 1980. "Agglomeration economies, search costs, and industrial location," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 383-388, November.
- Masahisa Fujita, 1985. "Towards general equilibrium models of urban land use," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 36(1), pages 135-168.
- Schmid, A. Allan, 1991. "Rethinking Cost In Population Settlement Patterns," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 6(2).
- Helsley, Robert W. & Strange, William C., 1991. "Agglomeration economies and urban capital markets," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 96-112, January.
- Segal, David, 1976. "Are There Returns to Scale in City Size?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 58(3), pages 339-50, August.
- Maki, Wilbur R., 1992. "Reshaping The City-Region In Global Competition," Staff Papers 13904, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Moomaw, Ronald L., 1985. "Firm location and city size: Reduced productivity advantages as a factor in the decline of manufacturing in urban areas," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 73-89, January.
- B Thorngren, 1970. "How do contact systems affect regional development?," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 2(4), pages 409-427, April.
- Shukla, Vibhooti & Stark, Oded, 1990. "Policy comparisons with an agglomeration effects-augmented dual economy model," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Papageorgiou, Y.Y. & Thisse, J.-F., .
"Agglomeration as spatial interdependence between firms and households,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-668, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Papageorgiou, Y. Y. & Thisse, J. -F., 1985. "Agglomeration as spatial interdependence between firms and households," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 19-31, October.
- Sveikauskas, Leo A, 1975. "The Productivity of Cities," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 89(3), pages 393-413, August.
- Knapp, Thomas A. & Graves, Philip E., 1989. "On the role of amenities in models of migration and regional development," MPRA Paper 19914, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wheaton, William C & Shishido, Hisanobu, 1981. "Urban Concentration, Agglomeration Economies, and the Level of Economic Development," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(1), pages 17-30, October.
- Moomaw, Ronald L., 1983. "Is population scale a worthless surrogate for business agglomeration economies?," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 525-545, November.
- Calem, Paul S. & Carlino, Gerald A., 1991. "Urban agglomeration economies in the presence of technical change," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 82-95, January.
- Hartman, Darcy A. & Sheldon, Ian M. & Tweeten, Luther G., 1999. "Location Of Vertically Linked Industries Under Free Trade: Case Studies Of Orange Juice And Tomato Paste In The Western Hemisphere," Working Papers 14580, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Kirsi Mukkala, 2004. "Agglomeration economies in the finnish manufacturing sector," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(21), pages 2419-2427.
- Lall, Somik V. & Shalizi, Zmarak & Deichmann, Uwe, 2004.
"Agglomeration economies and productivity in Indian industry,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 643-673, April.
- Lall, Somik & Shalizi, Zmarak & Deichmann, Uwe, 2001. "Agglomeration economies and productivity in Indian industry," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2663, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.